Accountant, Fixed Asset
- Employment Type
- Accounting/Finance, General Administration
This position will be responsible for all of the Company’s fixed assets accounting (both tangible and intangible), In addition, the fixed asset accountant will be involved in financial and operational analysis and day to day accounting/audit operation functions relating to compliance with government agencies, as well as different accounting projects as they arise. This position will report to the Controller and will be involved in all aspects of the department.
The incumbent in this position, as with all members of the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa Team, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a manner which demonstrates initiative, professionalism, personal awareness, integrity, and exercises confidentiality in the appropriate areas of his/her performance. This position shares in the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa support of the company’s Vision, Mission, Values, and consistently performs all functions in a fashion that inspires and motivates others to actively pursue them.
• Owns the fixed assets system and manages all fixed assets transactions (additions, deletions); runs and records depreciation for all fixed assets
• Reconciles fixed asset accounts and prepares roll-forwards for the cash flow statement.
• Prepare audit schedules relating to fixed assets, and assist external auditors in their inquiries
• Owns the Project Accounting system and acts as an administrator of the system, including creating new projects and project’s WBS
• Responsible for tracking costs of major construction projects, using Project Accounting or other tool and reconciling Project Accounting to the GL.
• Assists VP of Finance in any real assets, personal assets and construction cost related tasks and projects.
• Supports VP of Finance and other managers and executives, per requests, with the reports from the systems the position maintains.
• Ensure the Company’s capital policy is enforced and approves all capital invoices.
• Keep informed about all ongoing capital projects and work closely with departments to ensure correct accounting treatment of capital and R&M costs.
• Draft procedures and prepare memos per the VP of Finance request and supervision.
• Responsible for personal and real property taxes.
• Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
• Strong understanding of accounting and GAAP.
• Able to review the monthly financial statements and perform research per assignment
• Problem solving skills
• Able to work independently with high attention to detail and with confidentiality.
• Possess effective skills for managing projects and making business decisions.
• Business analytic skills to translate information/data into usable forms.
• Skills to design, develop and implement methodology for gathering and querying data
• Able to manage time and keep up with financial policies, regulations and legislation
• Ability to work with various software systems, including but not limited to Blackline, Infinium, Sage Fixed Assets, and Stratton Warren.
• Possess effective skills in all Microsoft Office Applications including Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point.
• Bachelor degree and or minimum 3+ years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must be detail oriented.