Accounting Specialist- Revenue Audit
- Employment Type
- Accounting/Finance, Hospitality
The Accounting Specialist is part of our Revenue Auditing team and will preparing financial data for use in maintaining accounting records by performing the following job responsibilities.
This position does require working weekends. Shift schedules do vary 6:00am to 2:00pm, 7:00am to 3:00pm, and 8:00am to 5:00pm.
$18/hr. after 60 day review increase to $20/hr.
- Completes audits of table games, slots, keno, sportsbook, cage, food and beverage and retail operations following detailed instructions and checklists
- Prepares Excel schedules to support journal entries.
- Verifies and posts details of business transactions within a business area of the company, such as funds received and disbursed, and completes a thorough audit of related documentation.
- Identifies, investigates and reports any system, document or accounting issues that occur during the course of preparing and completing an audit
- Audits for compliance of Gaming Regulations, Internal Policies and Procedures, and Revenue Reporting Regulations.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- High school diploma and 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have intermediate level knowledge of Excel and 10 key (calculator) by touch.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, proportions, percentages, and volume.
- Must possess a strong competency of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ideal candidates will have previous casino experience and preferably be familiar with the drop/count gaming regulations. Candidates without casino experience should demonstrate computer literacy and be a fast learner.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Nevada Gaming employee registration
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa fosters a team working environment, family/work life balance and an environment that is focused on team member recognition and appreciation. Some of the ways in which we accomplish this is by offering the following:
- Education Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Benefits (Medical /Dental/Vision/Disability & more)
- Paid Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- 401K with Company Match
- RTC Discount
- Recreation /Fitness Discounts
- Weekly Resort Prizes
- Career Development and Training Workshops
- FREE daily meal
- Internal Advancement