Accounts Receivable Manager
- Employment Type
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa is a wholly owned subsidiary of Monarch Casino & Resort, Inc. (NASDAQ: MCRI), a publicly traded corporation recognized by Forbes on their "Most Trustworthy Companies" list and rated as America’s Best and Mid-Size Employers.
The Accounts Receivable Manager, as with all members of the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa Team, provides excellent customer service to all customers and Team Members, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a manner which demonstrates initiative, professionalism, personal awareness, integrity, and exercises confidentiality in the appropriate areas of his/her performance. The incumbent shares in the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa support of the company’s Vision, Mission, Values, and consistently performs all functions in a fashion that inspires and motivates others to actively pursue them. As part of the leadership team, role models the expected behaviors of service, positive attitude, cooperation and accountability. Engenders trust in others and develops credible relationships at all levels.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Oversee the day to day activities of the Accounts Receivable department.
- Manage and develops the performance of the department team.
- Prepare and educate personnel to improve their production capacity and work performance
- Perform month-end duties such as month end journals, account reconciliations, and compliance reporting
- Assure timely collection of monies due.
- Monitor and report on deviations from credit standards.
- Assure timely and accurate invoicing.
- Manage cash application making sure all cash receipts are applied properly
- Assure that sales contract standard template is utilized or that the Sales Department has proper approvals if there are deviations
- Conduct credit checks on customer requesting direct billing arrangements
- Oversee audits that fall under their department with external agencies
- Make recommendations to improve quality of invoicing and collection procedures.
- Keep Controller up-to-date and informed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business administration or other finance affiliated profession preferred or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years specific account receivables experience or equivalent.
- At least 2 years supervisory experience
- Knowledge and experience with Atlantis’ financial systems (Infinium, AS400, LMS, Infor HMS, Delphi, Ivvy, Rainmaker)
- Excellent computer and business organization software proficiency
- Project management skills and customer service initiative
- Outstanding presentation skills in enlightening customers on accounting procedures
- Ability to work under conditions of pressure and adjust to urgent situations
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with ethical integrity; Upholds organizational values.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Inspires respect and trust; Accepts feedback from others; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates; Gives appropriate recognition to others; Displays passion and optimism; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments. Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
The Accounts Receivable Manager works on-site at the casino and interfaces with external/internal customers, Team Members, and vendors/clients on a regular basis. The position’s work schedule is Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm and may include weekends depending on the needs of the operation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa fosters a team working environment, family/work life balance and an environment that is focused on Team Member recognition and appreciation.
Some of the ways in which we accomplish this is by offering the following:
- Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, supplemental coverage)
- 401K retirement savings plan + discretionary match
- Team Member Referral Bonus
- Education Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Scholarship Opportunity
- Paid Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- Relocation Assistance
- Recreation /Fitness Discounts
- Weekly Resort Prizes
- Career Development and Training Workshops
- FREE daily meal
- Internal Advancement