Security Assistant Director
- Employment Type
The Assistant Director, provides excellent customer service to all Team Members & Guests, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a manner which demonstrates initiative, professionalism, personal awareness, integrity, and exercises confidentiality in the appropriate areas of his/her performance. The incumbent shares in the Casino Hotel Resorts support of the company’s Vision, Mission, Values, and consistently performs all functions in a fashion that inspires and motivates others to actively pursue them. As part of the leadership team, role models the expected behaviors of service, positive attitude, cooperation and accountability. Engenders trust in others and develops credible relationships at all levels.
The incumbent in this position is responsible for the planning, implementation and overseeing the day-to-day operations of Security Staff including approval of scheduling, ensuring accountability, and cohesiveness between all three shifts. In conjunction with the Director, the incumbent establishes operational procedures for physical property protection. The incumbent will also be directly responsible for the hiring of new Security Officers and will work closely with the Director and the Department’s assigned HR Recruiter. The incumbent will also be responsible for overseeing and presenting guest claims to the in house Claims Committee.
In the absence of the Security Director the incumbent will assume all responsibilities of the Director.
The incumbent will also be expected to fill the role as a Security Manager when needed to provide coverage for vacations & special events or as assigned.
- Develop and implement security policies, protocols and procedures
- Control budgets for security operations and monitor expenses
- Recruit, train and supervise security officers
- Attend meetings with shift managers to determine operational needs
- Plan and coordinate security operations for specific events
- Coordinate staff when responding to emergencies and alarms
- Review reports on incidents and breaches
- Investigate and resolve issues
- Create reports for management on security status
- Analyze data to form proposals for improvements (e.g. implementation of new
- Proven experience as a security manager or similar position
- Experience using relevant technology and equipment (e.g. CCTV)
- Experience in reporting and emergency response planning
- Excellent knowledge of security protocols and procedures
- Solid understanding of budgeting and statistical data analysis
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Committed and reliable
- Minimum of 2 years of management experience required
Certificates & Licenses:
Nevada Gaming Registration
Alcohol Awareness Certification
CPR Certification including BLS & Frist Aid
Blood Borne Pathogens Certification