Bakery - Cake Decorator, Day Shift
- Employment Type
- Food & Beverage
Come join Team Atlantis! We are currently accepting applications for Cake Decorator for the Bakery. This position is responsible for the production and presentation of all standing orders for the bake shop to include but not limited to various cakes, pies, cookies, breads, and pastries. The Cake Decorator will generally be assigned to a specific station consisting of either production or finish work; however, this person can be called upon to fulfill both preparation and finish work.
Full Time Day Shift
• Prepare all items according to recipe standards.
• Combine all standard mixes and ingredients for cakes and pastries as assigned to production.
• Frost and decorate all cakes as assigned.
• Garnish all service trays and cakes for proper presentation.
• Bake items for specified times and portion for servings.
• Ensure quality and consistency of finished product.
• Maintain workstation in compliance with standards set by State and Local Health Department codes.
• Provide assistance to the pastry chefs with regard to special functions and project preparation and presentation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
- Have a minimum of one year experience as a scratch baker.
- Ability to mix, bake and finish the product.
- Thorough understanding of measurements and knowledge of usage of all equipment used in the Pastry Shop.
- Previous experience wedding cake decoration and set-up preferred.
MUST ADHERE TO ALL GROOMING STANDARDS, NO “VISIBLE” TATTOOS/PIERCINGS OR UNNATURAL HAIR COLOR.
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa fosters a team working environment and an environment that is focused on Team Member recognition and appreciation. Some of the ways in which we accomplish this is by offering the following:
- Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, supplemental coverage)
- 401K retirement savings plan + discretionary match
- Education Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Scholarship Opportunity
- Paid Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- Recreation /Fitness Discounts
- Weekly Resort Prizes
- Career Development and Training Workshops
- FREE daily meal
- Internal Advancement