- Employment Type
- Food & Beverage
Come join Team Atlantis! We are currently accpeting applications for Banquets Coordinator. The Banquets Coordinator will be responsible for administering and maintaining the office duties of the banquet department in its daily functions for various catering events. This position will oversee the scheduling, ordering, receiving and running of daily revenue, financial and wage reports. This position will provide clear communication in and outside of the banquet department and aid in the efficiency of the office environment. The Banquet Coordinator will work closely with the Banquet Manager, the Banquet Captains and Employees, Set Up, the Food Department, Catering, Casino Marketing, Sales and any other department that touches Banquets.
Full Time Day Shift
- Maintain complete knowledge of all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
- Maintain positive guest and employee relations at all times. Assist with complaints, displaying empathy and concern.
- Be familiar with hotel services and features.
- Review daily event orders and identify special requests, needs, set up or changes and convey those changes to all departments involved in set up and administration.
- Prepare departmental schedules in accordance with staffing guidelines and labor forecasts. Adjust schedules throughout the week to meet the business demands.
- Confirm adequate coverage is expected for each event via daily phone calls to on call employee list.
- Responsible for daily linen orders. Provide linen company with weekly needs, place orders and receive orders. Correct any mistakes or missed linen.
- Complete orders to replenish shortages or additional items needed for the anticipated business.
- Provide all food inventory orders, returns and transfers.
- Review and distribute daily and weekly banquet event order add-ons, changes and cancellations.
- Work closely with Banquet Captains and Supervisors to ensure rooms are set up, according to diagrams.
- Monitor, deliver and assist with daily guarantees.
- Review sales for previous day and resolve any discrepancies.
- Prepare group checks after each function.
- Prepare and provide monthly equipment inventory to the Banquet Manager.
- Attend weekly meetings and act as a banquet representative. (Catering, Set Up, Food & Beverage, etc.)
- Maintain and track repair log for fixtures and equipment.
- Handle all scheduling of interviewees with Banquet Manager and assist new hires in orientation of property and department.
- Organize and update buffet selection signs.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
- Previous knowledge of food, banquet and/or catering departments helpful.
- Positive, upbeat and energetic personality.
- Thorough knowledge of office management.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Basic arithmetic skills.
- Excellent public relations and customer service skills.
- Professional appearance and attire.
- Must adhere to all grooming standards, no "visible" tattoos/piercings or unnatural hair colors.
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa fosters a team working environment, family/work life balance and an environment that is focused on Team Member recognition and appreciation.
Some of the ways in which we accomplish this is by offering the following:
- Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, supplemental coverage)
- 401K retirement savings plan + discretionary match
- Education Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Scholarship Opportunity
- Paid Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- RTC Discounted Bus Pass
- Recreation /Fitness Discounts
- Weekly Resort Prizes
- Career Development and Training Workshops
- FREE daily meal
- Internal Advancement