- Employment Type
- General Administration, Human Resources, Leadership
The Benefits Manager is responsible for overseeing the operations and effectiveness of group benefit programs (medical, dental, vision and supplemental). Incumbent will research benefit program option as well as create and implement Wellness programs.
Atlantis is recommended by Forbes Travel Guide with a Four Star Spa. Atlantis is rated by AAA as a Four Diamond resort; less than five percent of the nearly 31,000 properties approved by AAA achieve this Four Diamond designation. The Steakhouse and Bistro Napa restaurants at Atlantis are recommended by Forbes Travel Guide and consistently receive the highest ratings by TripAdvisor. Since 2000 Atlantis Steakhouse and Bistro Napa restaurants at Atlantis have received the Award of Excellence from Wine Spectator.
Atlantis was the first casino in northern Nevada to launch an organics recycling program, single-stream recycling program, and biodiesel fuel recycling program, and has been awarded the prestigious top rating of Four Green Globes by the Green Building Initiative (GBI) and is recognized as a property that demonstrates national leadership and excellence in the practice of water, energy, and environmental efficiency to reduce environmental impacts.
- Performs research and analysis and provides recommendations to enhance benefit program effectiveness.
- Creates and implements Wellness programs and initiatives to engage Team Members in healthy choices and effective benefit utilization management.
- Acts as liaison with various insurance carriers/brokers and fosters effective relationships with client representatives. Reviews contracts, determines cost effectiveness, and makes recommendation to plan design for company sponsored group benefit programs. Maintains benefit related vendor and contract files.
- Coordinates with the Risk team to coordinate any leave or injury status report, including return to work initiatives.
- Oversees the administration of 401k plan.
- In addition to the Benefits staff, serves as a contact for Atlantis Casino Resort Spa Team Members regarding group health plan enrollments and answer questions related to health plan benefits. Strives to ensure team member understanding of benefit programs by regularly communicating with team members/dependents as situations arise.
- Responsible for return to work initiatives for Team Members on FMLA, LOA, and Workers Compensation. Provides recommendations and guidance to management on return to work strategies.
- Coordinates annual open enrollment meetings and processes. Plans and organizes semi-annual Wellness Events.
- Oversees operational and transactional tasks required to administer employee benefits and COBRA enrollment, including claims resolution, monthly vendor billing, prepare invoices for payment and process all status and enrollment changes using vendor websites and internal data base systems. Resolves invoice and billing discrepancies with vendor representatives.
- Prepares and maintains monthly Team Member eligibility reports, status changes and terminations.
- Oversees the Leave of Absence administrative function.
- Primary contact for processing all Team Member requests for accommodation and ensures compliance with ADAAA
- Provides back-up support to the Human Resources functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with Department Managers, Team Members, and the general public
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of Benefits Administration Human Resource functions
- Ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form
- Must be computer proficient, strong knowledge of MS Office products, and HRIS administration
- Demonstrates original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work and creating efficiencies
- Develops innovative approaches and ideas. Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention
- Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and reasonable judgment. Supports and explain reasoning for decisions. Includes appropriate people in decision-making process (specifically HR Department Management). Makes timely decisions
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Human Resources & Benefits Administration function
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience
- Bi-lingual in English/Spanish helpful