Benefits Specialist - Human Resources
- Employment Type
The Benefits Specialist is responsible for the daily operations of group benefit programs (medical, dental, vision and supplemental) and the administration of Family Leave and ADA Accommodation claims. The Benefits Specialist will assist with new hire health plan enrollment, resolution of health plan claim issues, monthly vendor billing, and semi-annual health fairs. The Benefits Specialist will ensure the organization is in compliance with all applicable federal, state and local employment related laws.
- Serves as the primary contact for Atlantis Casino Resort Spa and Monarch Casino Black Hawk’s Team Members regarding Benefits functions and processing of Team Member eligibility and enrollment as applicable.
- Ensures updates applicable systems with new enrollment and Team Member information.
- Reviews 401k administration system for loan and deferral change requests.
- Provides 401k access information to newly eligible and current Team Members.
- Completes verifications to include QMCSO’s, SSA documents, disability forms, etc.
- Assists Team Members with finding information for medical insurance claims and billing questions.
- Prepares and maintains Team Member health plan files, assuring accuracy, compliance and confidentiality. Works closely with the payroll department entering benefit deductions, additions or cancellations to ensure timely processing of bi-weekly payroll.
- Responsible for administration of the company leave of absence programs to include personal leaves, FMLA and military leaves, to include
- Eligibility evaluation
- Documentation evaluation
- Accrued time off and insurance enrollment verification
- Return-to-work documentation evaluation
- Report and tracking updates
- Assists with Human Resources projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with department managers, Team Members, and the general public.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of Human Resource functions.
- Knowledge of FMLA and ADA laws, processes and compliance.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form.
- Must have excellent computer skills, strong knowledge of MS Office products, and HRIS systems.
- Minimum of 2 years in Human Resources or related experience