Butcher - All Star Cafe
- Employment Type
- Food & Beverage
The Butcher will possess a solid understanding of meat production as well as general butchery. You will also assist with the quality control of raw meats and fish purchased for the property.
- Assists in ordering meats, poultry and fish as required by the menu.
- Properly store and rotates meat.
- Cuts all meat, adhering to prescribed portions.
- Reports immediately all defects, lack of quality or shortage in purchased meat.
- Keeps production records and reports as required.
- Uses sanitation and HACCP skills to maintain a safe and healthy butcher shop
- Ensures that all requisitions are accurately completed
- Demonstrates a pleasant and enthusiastic demeanor at all times.
- Meat cutting: 2-3 years’ experience
- Knowledge of meat preparation techniques and cuts
- Attention to detail while following all safety, health and sanitary guidelines
- Must be able to use food preparation machinery and tools: Meat grinder, band saw, sharp knives, patty machine with moving parts, meat injector, spinning drum vacuum tumblers for marinating.
- Demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
- Pushing, pulling and lifting objects from a lower to higher position or moving objects horizontally, from position to position.
- Must be able to carry loads greater than 35 pounds and exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.