Casino Host- VIP Services
- Employment Type
The Casino Host position is responsible for ensuring that our guests enjoy a favorable gaming experience, taking care of the guests’ needs and acting of the guests’ behalf to secure information and/or reservations at our property and off property events. The position also requires the candidate to be active in an ongoing effort to prospect for new business, in particular, aggressively capturing Gold Elite and Platinum level player signups with Platinum level players being actively identified and introduced to the Executive Hosts. In addition, Casino Hosts will be responsible for disseminating information from a variety of sources to the Director of VIP Services.
- Enroll new potential mid- level customers into the Atlantis database using appropriate procedures.
- Use effective and efficient customer service skills
- Maintain player accounts with special attention to detail
- Make prudent decisions, within department guidelines, regarding complimentaries
- Handle room reservations for players in an appropriate and professional manner
- Participate in property events and promotional activities
- Apply effective telemarketing skills through use of the Contact Master.
- Identify Gold/Platinum level players, resolve problems, and make comp decisions, cultivate relationships.
- Attend Host staff meetings
Responsible for player progression by moving players from Gold
- Elite level to Platinum level.
- Must use highly effective verbal, written, telemarketing and communication skills when dealing with new and assigned players.
High School graduate or equivalent preferred
One year of Slot/Hotel/ or Casino Marketing experience
Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
Proficiency in PC operations including Windows, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Knowledge of the Advantage system and LMS preferred
Good organizational skills; able to handle many projects at one time
Ability to maintain composure under all circumstances.
Ability to maintain the strictest confidence regarding all information concerning Atlantis and its guests
Strong interpersonal and telephone skills.
Physical ability to stand/walk for long periods of time.
Physical ability to move quickly throughout the property.
Ability to memorize data concerning various programs.
Must be able to work in a “smoke filled” environment.
Ability to travel by Air/Auto/Train as business demands.
Ability to resolve guest problems so that both the guest and casino are pleased with the outcome.
Must possess sales personality, aptitude and focus.
Must be able and willing to work various days and shifts, and long hours as required.
Must be 21 years of age and able to obtain a Reno Police Card.