Colorado Sports Book Manager
- Employment Type
Are you interested in…..
- A Fast Track Career with Career Development and Career Advancement Opportunities?
- Flexible Works Schedules and Referral/Attendance Bonuses?
- Paid College Tuition, Free Meals, Discounted Transportation, Health Benefits and More?
Monarch Casino Resort in Black Hawk is building a 23 story resort that will have over 500 rooms, 4 restaurants, and a full service spa/salon which is expected to open soon!
Part Time and Full Time Team Members Will Enjoy:
- Team Member (TM) Referral Program – Not only do we pay our current TM up to $600, we pay your referral up to $1,600
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement up to $6,000 per calendar year
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Flexible work schedules
- Weekly drawings totaling $100 in Weekly Cash Prizes
- Quarterly Grand Prize Drawings: Paid trips to Atlantis Casino Resort Spa
- 1 free meal per shift
- Round trip bus tickets for $4 per Day ($20 Savings)
- Free parking
- Additional premium pay in select positions
Full Time Team Members (30hrs or more) also enjoy:
- 1 week paid vacation at 6 months, second week paid vacation at 1 year
- 6 observed Holidays – after 90 days
- Health Benefit Insurance Package (medical, dental, vision, disability, and more) - after 90 days
- 401k Retirement Plan with Company Match – after 90 days
Don’t want to drive to Black Hawk? You don’t have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch you can ride the casino bus for only $4 per day!
The Sports Book Manager, as with all members of the Monarch Casino Resort Spa Team, provides excellent guest service to all Team Members, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a manner which demonstrates initiative, professionalism, personal awareness, integrity, and exercises confidentiality in the appropriate areas of his/her performance. The incumbent shares in the Monarch Casino Resort Spa support of the company’s Vision, Mission, Values, and consistently performs all functions in a fashion that inspires and motivates others to actively pursue them. As part of the leadership team, role models the expected behaviors of service, positive attitude, cooperation and accountability. Engenders trust in others and develops credible relationships at all levels.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Use marketing knowledge to propose programs and initiatives to capture and increase market share over time in an environment that provides new wagering opportunities in a recently opened jurisdiction.
- Work closely with marketing team to develop and maintain an aggressive mobile account sign-up program.
- Recommend new wagers based on local trends and competitive environment.
- Train and oversee a staff of sports book service agents.
- Assist guests with the installation and operation of the mobile application and SSBT.
- Manage multiple areas simultaneously and unassisted.
- Identify suspicious activities and wagering behavior and report to HUB personnel.
- Lead a team of sports book service agents and supervisors by example and holding yourself to the same standards required of team members.
- Ability to explain sports wagering procedures to novice bettors.
- Must have a working knowledge of sports wagering house rules.
- Must possess knowledge of all Colorado Sports Wagering Regulations and Internal Controls.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
TECHNICAL/PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE (Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in casino marketing and/or promotions.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience casino marketing management.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in customer service positions.
- Strong knowledge of sports wagering propositions and terminology a plus.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, college degree preferred.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
- Ability to obtain a Gaming License in the State of Colorado required.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with ethical integrity; Upholds organizational values.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Inspires respect and trust; Accepts feedback from others; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates; Gives appropriate recognition to others; Displays passion and optimism; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments. Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
The incumbent in this position works on-site at the casino and interfaces with external/internal customers, Team Members, and vendors on a regular basis. The position’s work schedule varies and includes Saturday/Sunday/Holidays and evening work depending on the needs of the operation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Black Hawk does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors
Job Reference #: 9687