- Employment Type
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa is a wholly owned subsidiary of Monarch Casino & Resort, Inc. (NASDAQ: MCRI), a publicly traded corporation recognized by Forbes on their "Most Trustworthy Companies" list and rated as America’s Best and Mid-Size Employers.
Atlantis has opened an exclusive Publicist/Communications Manager career opportunity.
Develop/maintain relationships with local/industry print, broadcast and web contacts as primary contact for company. Develop new relationships with regional/national press. Pitch news and stories to the media. Write and distribute press releases on events, promotions, winners, news, etc. and archive coverage of same. Provide quarterly and annual PR reports. Contribute to annual marketing plan. Update both in-house and media websites with new information. Provide advertorial for various publications. Maintain library of photos, releases, tapes, etc. Participate in company sponsored community activities as directed. Manage internal communications projects. Participate in social media strategy and projects. On-call property contact for all media inquiries 24/7.
Essential Job Functions:
Communication functions for both public and internal information. Objective is to get media coverage on behalf of company to promote events/promotions/winners/miscellaneous messages per plan and as directed.
- Designated media contact for any and all media inquires
- Write and distribute press releases to target media, according to editorial calendars of target publications
- Write and distribute press releases to target media for company-sponsored events and activities
- Pitch stories, per calendar to obtain media coverage based upon company activities or activities held by outside party at the property; monitors media for accuracy. Ensures that newspapers and third-party websites are updated regularly.
- Provides regular property updates/promotions to regional tourism partners
- Coordinates media trips for travel writers to Atlantis
- Update in-house staff on upcoming activities as it relates to community events in which the company is involved
- Develop/maintain media relations with all media contacts, includes regular entertaining for breakfast/lunch/dinner/cocktails as it fits within the contact’s work day
- Manages media events at Atlantis. i.e. poker events, Anniversary media night, and Hot August Nights media events
- Manage all “best of” polls that are conducted by outside publications, distribute ballots via the methods available per each poll (electronic and/or printed)
- On-site chaperone for any press/media presence
- Manages in-house community/public relations activities, i.e. Blood Drive, Wine & Ski Expo. Attends press and community events as needed
- Manages radio promotions and interviews for community events held at Atlantis. i.e. Veterans Guest House, Taste for Jazz, food/clothing drives and blood drives
- Manages quarterly and annual PR reports, and contributes to annual marketing plan; serves as Atlantis’ historian by preserving media clippings
- Manages internal communications projects
- Update on-hold messages to be current; assists marketing/advertising and sales with copywriting as needed
- On-call 24/7
- Coordinates photo/video shoots with media partners to highlight Atlantis’ amenities
- Takes publicity photographs as needed
- Develops media contacts and assists with desk-side visits for the Black Hawk property
- Executes media components for Grand Opening for Monarch Black Hawk
Essential Qualifications & Abilities:
Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Must be able to represent the company and present the image of the company on camera. Must be able to collaborate with Management team.
Computer skills to include word processing, digital camera operation and basic office equipment operation.
Must have good photography abilities. Organizational skills are of prime importance.
MS Office (Word,Excel) standard equipment, computers, (PC/Mac) telephone, fax
BA in journalism or equivalent
2-5 years in a related position, casino experience helpful but not required.