Community Sales Manager
- Employment Type
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, in Reno, Nevada, has a career opportunity and is looking for someone with a proven track record to be the Community Sale Manager. Monarch Casino & Resort, Inc. (MCRI), is publicly traded and the parent company of Atlantis. Atlantis has been recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-size Employers.
Atlantis is recommended by Forbes Travel Guide with a Four Star Spa. Atlantis is rated by AAA as a Four Diamond resort; less than five percent of the nearly 31,000 properties approved by AAA achieve this Four Diamond designation. The Steakhouse and Bistro Napa restaurants at Atlantis are recommended by Forbes Travel Guide and consistently receive the highest ratings by TripAdvisor. Since 2000 Atlantis Steakhouse and Bistro Napa restaurants at Atlantis have received the Award of Excellence from Wine Spectator.
The Community Sales Manager will be responsible to aggressively find, develop and create outstanding relationships within the business community to solicit all opportunities for local businesses to utilize our property for various services - catering events, spa, rooms, private dining outlets, VIP guests and others items as directed by the GM. The DOCS will effectively partner with all relevant departments to understand business needs and how s/he can best assist in proactively driving revenue, especially during ‘need’ time periods. The DOCS goals will include revenue generated for outlets in the property. The DOCS will be strategic in identifying and targeting opportunities to maximize revenue opportunities for all areas in the hotel, especially during off-peak seasons, shoulder seasons and mid-week business ‘need dates.’
- Develop and execute an annual Business Plan – Strategy related to assigned goals to exceed budgeted revenue for partnered departments.
- Solicit local business prospects, and maintain an excellent network of industry and local business clients – targeting high-end clientele/decision makers.
- Partner with Corporate Sales to assist in developing and building accounts with prospective clients to increase room night utilization at targeted room rates.
- Partner with the Catering Director and team to develop and build accounts with prospective clients to increase catering revenue at targeted prices.
- Responsible for tracking/tracing accounts, contract documents and correspondence.
- Participate in meetings, community events, special events, etc. as needed.
- Host weekly lunches, dinners and site inspections with prospective clients.
- Occasionally travel out of town if needed.
- Analyze various industry and local publications, reports and current market trends to create new marketing strategies and plans to support property initiatives.
- Maintain a positive work environment by conducting all communication with clients, prospects, colleagues, co-workers and supervisors in a professional, friendly, cooperative and helpful manner.
- Provide General Manager with weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual tracking and sales reports for projects, meetings and daily activities.
- Conduct telemarketing sales calls and develop/execute direct mail solicitations and promotions when needed.
- Participate in all local tradeshows as needed.
- Listen to client complaints, using the utmost tact and customer service skills to solve problems while promoting excellent customer service. Assist in special projects assigned by General Manager.
- Work cooperatively with all members of property and create new systems and strategies to increase sales and enhance sales programs.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
TECHNICAL/PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE (Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience)
- Minimum of five years’ experience in Hotel Sales or related field
- Positive, upbeat and energetic personality
- Thorough knowledge of the sales function
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent public relations and customer service skills
- Professional appearance and attire
The Director of Community Sales works off-site and on-site at the casino and interfaces with external/internal customers, Team Members, and vendors on a regular basis. The position’s work schedule varies and may include Saturday/Sunday and evening work depending on the needs of the operation.