Cook - Purple Parrot
- Employment Type
- Food & Beverage
The Cook is responsible for preparing recipes and food items in accordance with the Executive Chef’s requirements
- Proficiency of grilling, sauté cooking, fry cooking, sandwich preparation, breakfast cooking (eggs and omelets).
- Demonstrate proper knife skills and be knowledgeable in the use of mixers, slicers, stoves and ovens.
- Ability to read and understand orders and descriptors as printed from the kitchen printer, and able to understand and respond to verbal queues from other team members.
- Must have a good understanding of sanitation and demonstrate good sanitation practices. Hands washed at proper intervals, food products kept at proper temperatures, stations kept clean and clutter free.
- Able to function effectively with other Team Members in a fast paced team environment and expected to behave in a professional manner, interacting in a courteous and helpful manner.
- Requires the ability to read, understand and follow recipes precisely.
- A minimum of one-year experience as a cook
- Requires ability to work from a standing position for extended periods of time.
- Requires a good personal hygiene.
- Requires competent knowledge and compliance of sanitation regulations