Culinary Sous Chef - Asian Cuisine
- Employment Type
- Food & Beverage
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa is a wholly owned subsidiary of Monarch Casino & Resort, Inc. (NASDAQ: MCRI), a publicly traded corporation recognized by Forbes on their "Most Trustworthy Companies" list and rated as America’s Best and Mid-Size Employers.
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa invites you to join our dynamic culinary team who brings forward vision and innovation offering spectacular cuisine dishes.
Whether you are a seasoned culinary master or looking to continue to advance in your professional field we encourage for you’re to join our award-winning chefs.
Atlantis has opened an exclusive Asian style Sous Chef career opportunity.
• Maintain a high quality of guest service and satisfaction.
• Assists with monitoring kitchen and restaurant expenses and inventories.
• Works with Room Chef to develop new menu items and specials
• Oversee proper food preparation quantity and quality.
• Maintain and enforce all sanitation and health department requirements.
• Assists Room Chef with kitchen personnel training.
• Ensure and expedite proper product storage, quality, presentation and consistency.
• Assists Room Chef with holding accountable all Line Cooks, Prep Cooks and support personnel through effective and consistent communication.
• Assists Room Chef with interacting with the receiving/ purchasing department to ensure food orders are of the proper quality and quantity
• Assists Room Chef with department compliance regarding all sanitation rules and requirements.
• Assists Room Chef with ensuring the culinary operations are in satisfactory conditions to meet local health requirements.
• Supervise and guide all kitchen personnel on assigned shift with development and discipline.
• Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
• Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
• Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
• Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees.
• Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
• Regular attendance and arriving on time to all scheduled shifts and mandatory meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 5 years experience cooking Asian Cuisine, prefer 3 years supervision experience
• Prefer culinary education, Associate degree from a recognized culinary or trade school.
• Be able to lift 50 pounds safely
• Be able to stand 90% of the time
• Ability to multi-task
• Work in a fast paced environment
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa fosters a team working environment, family/work life balance and an environment that is focused on team member recognition and appreciation.
Some of the ways in which we accomplish this is by offering the following:
- Referral Programs - Team Members who refer friends & family may earn up to $1600
- Education Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Benefits (Medical /Dental/Vision/Disability & more)
- Paid Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- 401K with Company Match
- Relocation Assistance
- Recreation /Fitness Discounts
- Weekly Resort Prizes
- Career Development and Training Workshops
- FREE daily meal
- Internal Advancement