Database Marketing Analyst
- Employment Type
Monarch Casino & Resort, Inc. (MCRI), is publicly traded and the parent company of Atlantis. Atlantis has been recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-size Employers. Atlantis is recommended by Forbes Travel Guide with a Four Star Spa.
Atlantis was the first casino in northern Nevada to launch an organics recycling program, single-stream recycling program, and biodiesel fuel recycling program, and has been awarded the prestigious top rating of Four Green Globes by the Green Building Initiative (GBI) and is recognized as a property that demonstrates national leadership and excellence in the practice of water, energy, and environmental efficiency to reduce environmental impacts.
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, in Reno, Nevada, has a career opportunity and is looking for someone with a proven track record to be the Corporate Database Marketing.
This position is responsible for providing corporate analysis working with the database marketing departments in the administration and in the development of casino marketing programs. The corporate analysis position will assist each property’s marketing teams to ensure they reach their financial goals. Provide analysis of current customer data segmentation methods and provide insight for strategic decision making for short and long-term growth.
- Utilize knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL), data warehouses, relational databases, and multi-dimensional databases in analyzing various data sources (in-house databases, data warehouse, other third-party data sources, etc.) to develop the queries and procedures for extracting and communicating required information
- Manage database marketing expenditures to ensure that all projects are performed within the budgeted guidelines.
- Prepare and standardize department financial reporting.
- Develop and implement strategies to effectively segment the existing database and streamline player data collection.
- Provide analysis of customer spend and trends as needed for forecast and budgeting
- Provide corporate analysis of player and marketing demographic information to develop long-term strategies.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of direct mail programs designed to attract and retain new and existing customers to the casino.
- Develops and maintains policies, procedures and standards relating to database management.
- Capture and perform data analysis within player tracking to monitor performance.
- Develop strategic use of existing information process and evaluates potential uses of new processes.
- Provide pre and post campaign analysis from campaigns to determine effectiveness and revenue generating impact.
- Work closely with all areas of marketing and Information Technology staff to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve data-related issues of concern.
- Responsible for the strict adherence to Compliance policies, internal control procedures and the Casino’s policies and procedures.
Gaming industry experience is preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of all Microsoft Office Professional software applications, including but not limited to Microsoft SQL Server, Access, and Excel
- Knowledge and experience with Slot Player Tracking, Casino Management and Casino marketing systems.
- Practical knowledge in accumulating and integrating data for use in report software, spreadsheets, graphs and flow charts.
- Proven experience in the use of computer systems including database systems, software, data retrieval methodologies and quantitative analysis.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of classified information.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiasm and positive attitude
- Three plus years casino related work experience and/or training with a college degree in Marketing, Database, or Development preferred. Combination experience and education will be considered