Director Hotel Operations
- Employment Type
- General Administration, Hotel, Leadership
The Director of Hotel Operations is responsible for various departments within Hotel Operations, including but not limited to – Front Desk, Bell Desk, Valet, Concierge, Call Center/PBX, Wardrobe, Retail, Housekeeping and more. With such varying departments, the incumbent in this role must be experienced and great at multi-tasking since each day requires differing priorities while still monitoring all responsible departments. Guest service and satisfaction is the highest priority for this role, ensuring our guests are eager to return. The Director of Hotel Operations must ensure Team Members are executing Atlantis Service Standards consistently. This role must maintain our Forbes recommended and AAA 4-Diamond status for the resort.
In addition to day to day operations, the Director of Hotel Operations will work closely with the Director of Hotel Revenue to optimize hotel occupancy, and hotel revenue. They will be involved with selling strategies, overselling, inventory, rates, upsells, and overall hotel performance.
The Director, as with all members of the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa Team, provides excellent customer service to all Team Members, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a manner which demonstrates initiative, professionalism, personal awareness, integrity, and exercises confidentiality in the appropriate areas of his/her performance. The incumbent shares in the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa support of the company’s Vision, Mission, Values, and consistently performs all functions in a fashion that inspires and motivates others to actively pursue them. As part of the leadership team, role models the expected behaviors of service, positive attitude, cooperation and accountability. Engenders trust in others and develops credible relationships at all levels.
- Responsible for maintaining the Forbes Recommended, and AAA 4-Diamond statuses for the resort.
- Responsible for varying hotel operational departments – currently including Front Desk, Bell Desk, Valet, Concierge, Call Center/PBX, Wardrobe, Housekeeping, and Retail operations.
- Determines and executes annual hotel strategy and business plan.
- Budgets and reviews, researches and analyzes department revenues and expenses.
- Ensures that Atlantis Service Standards are consistently delivered to increase customer satisfaction throughout the property from arrival to departure.
- Creates and implements department specific policies and procedures.
- Maintains and monitors occupancy data, and assists in maximizing room revenue through revenue/yield management.
- Maximizes efficiencies and looks for opportunities to improve operations.
- Reviews market trends and proposes necessary changes.
- Oversees the hiring, training, development and morale of Team Members.
- Identifies high potential talent and implements succession planning for the departments in Hotel Operations.
- Ensures that effective communication is consistently disseminating information and changes to supervisors, front-line team members, and other departments when needed.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Other duties as assigned my management.
TECHNICAL/PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE (Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience)
- Bachelors’ Degree or higher, in Hospitality or related field, or combination of comparable education and experience is required
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in progressive hospitality roles
- Excellent communication skills
- Competency in standard computer/office programs
- Additional knowledge in hospitality programs preferred (HMS, HotSOS, etc.)
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
- Nevada Gaming license required upon hiring
- Alcohol awareness card required upon hiring
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa fosters a team working environment and an environment that is focused on Team Member recognition and appreciation. Some of the ways in which we accomplish this is by offering the following:
- Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, supplemental coverage)
- 401K retirement savings plan + discretionary match
- Education Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Scholarship Opportunity
- Paid Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- Recreation /Fitness Discounts
- Weekly Resort Prizes
- Career Development and Training Workshops
- FREE daily meal
- Internal Advancement
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 17974