Director of Banquets/Catering
- Employment Type
- Hospitality, Leadership
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa a wholly owned subsidiary of Monarch Casino & Resort, Inc. (NASDAQ: MCRI), a publicly traded corporation recognized by Forbes on their "Most Trustworthy Companies" list and rated as America’s Best and Mid-Size Employers.
Oversee the everyday operations of the Catering Sales Department and the Banquets Department to ensure Hotel Guests, inside and out, are being provided a meeting or event to their expectations and served to the Atlantis Standards, while attaining the monthly budgeted goals.
- Operate the Catering/Banquet department in accordance with the Resort’s Mission.
- Lead the Catering and Banquets to identify, evaluate, and develop strategies to enhance revenue, increase profitability, increase Guest satisfaction with the Department’s services and facilities.
- Monitor the operation of all Catering/Banquet events to ensure compliance with all standards and procedures established by the Food and Beverage Director and company health and regulatory standards and procedures.
- Monitor administrative duties of Catering Managers and Banquet Manager / Supervisors for accuracy, timeliness and compliance with Departmental policies and procedures.
- Monitor staffing levels for Catering events and assist Banquet/Catering managers in adjusting according to business levels and conditions.
- Assist all direct reports in generating any correspondence for the Department.
- Review and approve any evaluations for Supervisors, Managers and line staff.
- Accurately calculate food and plate costs and percentages.
- Understand financial reports and apply the information in a timely and practical fashion to improve the operation.
- Implement resort operating strategies.
- Implement Guest service standards throughout the department, monitor the Team Members to assure they provide service in accordance with the standards and take action to correct deficiencies.
- Walk through and visually inspect all banquet rooms to insure all areas are secured and in proper condition.
- Implement the Resort’s Mission within the Department with the measurement of success consisting of demonstration of these principles by all Team Members within the Department.
- Maintain consistently high levels of Guest service as defined and measured within the Resort’s Guest service expectations and criteria.
- Meet the expectations set forth in the Department’s operating revenue and expense budget as measured by profitability and attaining reasonable rates of return on investment.
- Develop the talents and skills of team members in the Department as measured by guest satisfaction with the Department, Team Member satisfaction with their work place, and successful advancement of Team Members within the Department.
- Respond timely to requests for information and reports regarding the Department.
- Schedule events with clients and meeting with suppliers.
- Develop a budget for each event.
- Plan menus alongside the chef.
- Handling client contracts and for large events.
- Recruiting, hiring, training and supervising all fulltime and part time Team Members.
- Oversee the banquet during the event.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two to five years of progressive supervisory experience in Catering and Banquets, or a Bachelor’s Degree and two to three years of progressive supervisory experience.
- Willingness to provide exceptional service to guests and a desire to provide leadership to position the property to achieve the mission.
- A creative thinker who can develop new and exciting ways to provide or project value to our guests.
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral).
- Ability to set direction and motivate Team Members. The candidate must be honest and fair.
- Superb team leadership/development and partnering ability. The candidate must be able to accomplish duties in a positive manner.
- Ability to deal well with change and uncertainty and flexible enough to adapt and sensibly respond to the situation at hand.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and to deploy resources effectively.
- Thorough knowledge of food service, spirits, wine products and service.
- Ability to control costs in relation to manpower, productivity, food costs and other expenses on a departmental basis.
- Provide good decision-making and judgment in handling difficult business situations and opportunities.
- Maintain the overall presentation of Catering and Banquets facilities and atmosphere and ensure that they are operated, maintained and improved for the continued success of the property into the future.
- Display desired leadership qualities and be able to respond to Associate’s and Guest’s questions and inquiries with knowledgeable answers.
- Contribute to developing new ideas, offerings, menus, specials, promotions and parties that will draw premium guests and would encourage guests to return to the property and its facilities.
- Assist in the development of event menus and other projects as assigned to the Catering and Banquets management team.
- Meet and exceed budget objectives and revenue goals as planned in the annual financial and strategic planning process.
- Provide timely responses to requests for information and reports regarding Catering and Banquets.
- Provide decision-making and good judgment in evaluating business situations and opportunities prior to commitment and services.
- Provide a professional presence and consistently demonstrate honesty and fairness in all dealings with all associates.
- Meet the expectations and requirements as outlined, assigned, delegated or directed by the Corporate Food & Beverage Director and General Manager or by those assigned above it in the established chain of command that guide and direct them.
- Raise the bar for the Company and Departmental Policies and Procedures implemented to the Catering and Banquets Team.
- Financial Performance , must be with in 5 % of Budgeted food cost , must have labor costs within 3 % of Budget.