Director of Catering & Banquets
- Employment Type
- Food & Beverage, Leadership
Come join Team Atlantis! We are currently accepting applications for Director of Catering and Banquets. The Director will operate the Catering/Banquet department in accordance with the Resort's Mission. Monitor the operation of all Catering/Banquet events to ensure compliance with all standards and procedures established by the Food and Beverage Director and company health and regulatory standards and procedures. Understand financial reports and apply the information in a timely and practical fashion to improve the operation.
Full Time Various Shift
- Provide good decision-making and judgment in handling difficult business situations and opportunities.
- Maintain the overall presentation of Catering and Banquets facilities and atmosphere and ensure that they are operated, maintained and improved for the continued success of the property into the future.
- Display desired leadership qualities and be able to respond to Associate’s and Guest’s questions and inquiries with knowledgeable answers.
- Contribute to developing new ideas, offerings, menus, specials, promotions and parties that will draw premium guests and would encourage guests to return to the property and its facilities.
- Assist in the development of event menus and other projects as assigned to the Catering and Banquets management team.
- Meet and exceed budget objectives and revenue goals as planned in the annual financial and strategic planning process.
- Provide timely responses to requests for information and reports regarding Catering and Banquets.
- Provide decision-making and good judgment in evaluating business situations and opportunities prior to commitment and services.
- Provide a professional presence and consistently demonstrate honesty and fairness in all dealings with all associates.
- Meet the expectations and requirements as outlined, assigned, delegated or directed by the Corporate Food & Beverage Director and General Manager or by those assigned above it in the established chain of command that guide and direct them.
- Raise the bar for the Company and Departmental Policies and Procedures implemented to the Catering and Banquets Team.
- Implement the Resort’s Mission within the Department with the measurement of success consisting of demonstration of these principles by all Team Members within the Department.
- Maintain consistently high levels of Guest service as defined and measured within the Resort’s Guest service expectations and criteria.
- Meet the expectations set forth in the Department’s operating revenue and expense budget as measured by profitability and attaining reasonable rates of return on investment.
- Develop the talents and skills of team members in the Department as measured by guest satisfaction with the Department, Team Member satisfaction with their work place, and successful advancement of Team Members within the Department.
- Respond timely to requests for information and reports regarding the Department.
- Schedule events with clients and meeting with suppliers.
- Develop a budget for each event.
- Plan menus alongside the chef and order the necessary ingredients.
- Handling client contracts and for large events.
- Recruiting, hiring, training and supervising all fulltime and part time Team Members.
- Oversee the banquet during the event.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Five to seven years of progressive supervisory experience in Catering and Banquets, or a Bachelor’s Degree and two to three years of progressive supervisory experience.
- Willingness to provide exceptional service to guests and a desire to provide leadership to position the property to achieve the mission.
- A creative thinker who can develop new and exciting ways to provide or project value to our guests.
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral).
- Ability to set direction and motivate Team Members. The candidate must be honest and fair.
- Superb team leadership/development and partnering ability. The candidate must be able to accomplish duties in a positive manner.
- Ability to deal well with change and uncertainty and flexible enough to adapt and sensibly respond to the situation at hand.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and to deploy resources effectively.
- Thorough knowledge of food service, spirits, wine products and service.
- Ability to control costs in relation to manpower, productivity, food costs and other expenses on a departmental basis.
- Adhere to all grooming standards, no "visible" tattoos/piercings or unnatural hair colors.
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa fosters a team working environment and an environment that is focused on Team Member recognition and appreciation. Some of the ways in which we accomplish this is by offering the following:
- Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, supplemental coverage)
- 401K retirement savings plan + discretionary match
- Education Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Scholarship Opportunity
- Paid Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- Recreation /Fitness Discounts
- Weekly Resort Prizes
- Career Development and Training Workshops
- FREE daily meal
- Internal Advancement