Director of Facilities
- Employment Type
- Engineering/Facilities, Leadership
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, in Reno, Nevada, has a career opportunity and is looking for someone with a proven track record to be the Director of Facilities. Monarch Casino & Resort, Inc. (MCRI), is publicly traded and the parent company of Atlantis. Atlantis has been recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-size Employers.
Atlantis is recommended by Forbes Travel Guide with a Four Star Spa. Atlantis is rated by AAA as a Four Diamond resort; less than five percent of the nearly 31,000 properties approved by AAA achieve this Four Diamond designation. The Steakhouse and Bistro Napa restaurants at Atlantis are recommended by Forbes Travel Guide and consistently receive the highest ratings by TripAdvisor. Since 2000 Atlantis Steakhouse and Bistro Napa restaurants at Atlantis have received the Award of Excellence from Wine Spectator.
Atlantis was the first casino in northern Nevada to launch an organics recycling program, single-stream recycling program, and biodiesel fuel recycling program, and has been awarded the prestigious top rating of Four Green Globes by the Green Building Initiative (GBI) and is recognized as a property that demonstrates national leadership and excellence in the practice of water, energy, and environmental efficiency to reduce environmental impacts.
- Responsible for departmental budgets, monthly financials and variance reporting, including overtime tracking and minimization.
- Bids and/or coordinates capital projects requiring construction or installment of equipment.
- Responsible for overseeing the upkeep and maintenance of all Company buildings and grounds.
- Develops and directs maintenance policies.
- Responsible for preventative/predictive maintenance for root cause analysis for chronic failures
- Responsible for ensuring that all company equipment and property is maintained, operational and in safe working order.
- Ensures compliance with all safety standards and codes.
- Maintains emergency procedures and equipment.
- Monitors energy consumption and initiates cost saving steps to control utility costs.
- Oversees purchasing and inventory procedures for Security, Surveillance, Facilities and Housekeeping Departments with “Kit” system.
- Oversees the hiring, onboarding and training process in assigned areas.
- Approves work schedules, salary adjustments and staffing needs for departments.
- Coaching and development of managers and supervisors in department(s).
- Bachelor's Degree is required in Business, Architect, or Construction
- Minimum 5-10 years in a similar role
- Capacity scheduling background
- Must be able to uphold the highest level of confidentiality
- Skilled in strategic and long range planning
- Skilled in utilities tracking and management for Energy Star rating
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent KPI (Key Performance Indicators) Skills including
- Project Management skills for Capital Projects
- Advanced organizational, leadership and guest service skills(GAP analysis
- Sustainability and “Green” certification or ability to monitor these corporate initiatives
- Advanced computer skills
- Ability to work various shifts, possibly including weekends and holidays as needed.
- Ability to create proposals, projections, and current analytical representation with facts, charts, graphs and factual conclusions
- Very Familiar with CMMS(computerized Maintenance Management Systems) for work prioritization and measurement
Other Key Qualifications:
- Construction and or project management of capital projects
- Preventive maintenance, Safety and Schedule Planning
- Six Sigma Belt ideal
- Project Management
- CPM Scheduling
- Logistics Management
- Strategic Planning
- Budget Management
Certifications Preferred: P.M.P, F.M.P, and S.F.P
Job Reference #: 8543