Director of Internal Audit
- Employment Type
- General Administration, Leadership
Experienced Internal Audit-SOX leader who has a strong background in casino/resort audit. This role will oversee all Internal Audit-SOX responsibilities for Atlantis Resort Casino Spa in Reno NV and Monarch Casino Resort Spa in Black Hawk CO which are wholly owned subsidiaries of Monarch Casino & Resort, Inc. a publicly traded company on the NASDAQ Stock Exchange.
Strong governance and SOX compliance along with effective execution of processes and internal controls plays a critical role in identifying opportunities to improve financial risk management and our existing IA/SOX program. The Corporate Director of Internal Audit will collaborate extensively with key internal stakeholders as well as recruiting Internal Auditors, as needed and to work with our external auditors.
All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and company policies, practices, and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Responsible for directing the overall operations and staff of the Internal Audit departments. Develops, implements and manages operational goals and monitors achievements of performance.
• Ensures scheduling is performed in an effective and efficient manner, while maintaining labor costs, meeting staffing objectives and achieving guest satisfaction.
• Develops and recommends policies and standard operating procedures. Monitors effective administration of all departmental policies and standard operating procedures; makes recommendations as needed.
• Responsible for assisting in the implementation, and enforcement of the property SARC/Title 31 and Responsible Gaming compliance programs.
• Ensures compliance with reporting commitments required by the Corporate office and regulatory agencies.
• Serves as liaison to the Nevada Gaming Control Board to ensure timely responses to incident reports; review and prepare draft responses to compliance-related issues raised.
• Collaborates with company management and the Nevada Gaming Commission to ensure significant changes to the company’s operating environment (new facilities, system upgrades, gaming mix changes, etc.) are completed in accordance with NGCB regulations.
• Provides training to new and existing staff as needed.
• Ensures organized set of detailed records and files to document transactions are kept in accordance with regulations.
• Provides guidance to gaming operations and other departments, as needed.
• Works closely with department directors/managers to ensure they have a thorough understanding of gaming regulations and general procedures.
• Compiles reports for Nevada Gaming Control board and submits necessary paperwork on behalf of the property, as needed.
• Keeps property updated with latest gaming rules and regulation requirements. Ensures property is in compliance at all times.
• Conducts in-depth investigation of suspicious activity, as needed.
• Oversees, reviews and revises SOX and NGCB Internal Control procedures, as needed.
• Works closely with General Manager and Executive Team to ensure they have a thorough understanding of gaming regulations and general procedures.
• Ensures properties are informed of new gaming rules and regulation requirements. Ensures properties are in compliance at all times.
• Supports, actively promotes and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs. Ensures customer service standards are followed by all team members and addresses issues as they arise.
• Responsible for ensuring the compliance with all regulatory compliance within area of responsibility and reporting potential issues to Executive Management / GM. Develop and maintain working relationships with regulatory agencies.
• Implements and monitors the effective administration of the AML / Know Your Customer Program.
• Performs the annual Risk Assessment and revises the AML Program as needed for properties or responsibility.
• Ensures CTRs and SARs are filed timely.
• Creates and maintains KYC/CDD profiles. Monitors and ensures special MICs audits are completed timely.
• Reviews, identifies, evaluates and resolves compliance issues, internal and external audit findings and submits responses of corrective action.
• Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
• Responsible for staff development and training programs.
• Responsible for rewards and recognition program to maximize employee engagement.
• Evaluates team members within department and delivers constructive feedback to employees in regard to performance.
• Provides recommendations for staffing (including interviewing and hiring) and scheduling (planning, assigning and directing work) to meet business needs.
• Manages work procedures and expedites workflow.
• Responsible for employee performance (disciplining, coaching, counseling).
• Bachelor's degree (B.A. /B.S.) in Business or related field from four-year college or university; 5 to 10 years’ experience in compliance; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Casino experience required.
• CPA, CIA, CFE or CMA designation required
• Must be proficient in Microsoft applications (World, Excel, and Outlook).
• Must have thorough knowledge of Casino Operations software and equipment.
• Must have excellent organization and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Must be able to travel as needed.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain Nevada Gaming employee registration
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 17996