Director of Security
- Employment Type
- Casino, Hospitality, Leadership
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, in Reno, Nevada, has a career opportunity and is looking for someone with a proven track record to be the Director of Security/Risk Management. Monarch Casino & Resort, Inc. (MCRI), is publicly traded and the parent company of Atlantis which has been recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-size Employers.
Atlantis is recommended by Forbes Travel Guide with a Four Star Spa. Atlantis is rated by AAA as a Four Diamond resort; less than five percent of the nearly 31,000 properties approved by AAA achieve this Four Diamond designation. The Steakhouse and Bistro Napa restaurants at Atlantis are recommended by Forbes Travel Guide and consistently receive the highest ratings by TripAdvisor. Since 2000 Atlantis Steakhouse and Bistro Napa restaurants at Atlantis have received the Award of Excellence from Wine Spectator.
A perfect location, Atlantis Casino Resort Spa is nestled at the base of the majestic Sierra Nevada Mountains and minutes away from beautiful Lake Tahoe. Atlantis has always been the favorite resort destination for travelers near and far.
The Director Security/Risk Management, provides excellent customer service to all Team Members, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a manner which demonstrates initiative, professionalism, personal awareness, integrity, and exercises confidentiality in the appropriate areas of his/her performance. The incumbent shares in the Casino Hotel Resorts support of the company’s Vision, Mission, Values, and consistently performs all functions in a fashion that inspires and motivates others to actively pursue them. As part of the leadership team, role models the expected behaviors of service, positive attitude, cooperation and accountability. Engenders trust in others and develops credible relationships at all levels.
The incumbent in this position is responsible for the planning, implementation and day-to-day operations of Security including managing the Worker’s Compensation function. The Director establishes operational procedures for activities such as fire prevention and traffic control, guarding and patrolling physical property, monitoring of staff involved with classified information, and investigation of accidents and criminal acts.
- Establishes operational procedures fire prevention, and guarding and patrolling physical property.
- Consults with representatives of management to formulate policies, determine need for programs, and coordinate programs with facility activities.
- Confers with representatives of local government to ensure cooperation and coordination of property activities with law enforcement and firefighting agencies.
- Designs and implements work flows and procedure that support the overall goal of asset, guest, and Team Member protection.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and to prevent future issues; develops alternative solutions.
- Manages difficult situations or guests for positive resolutions.
- Makes recommendations to executive management for improvements to Security and Safety programs.
- Mitigates Worker’s Compensation incidents and costs through safety programs.
- Manages the Worker’s Compensation programs and function.
- Conducts workplace investigations and/or collaborates with other members of the Investigation Committee to conduct investigations.
Education, and Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or minimum ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Exceptional analytical skills
Ability to remain calm under pressure and in volatile situations
asic knowledge of computer programs such as MS Office suite
Certificates & Licenses:
Nevada Gaming Registration or able to receive
Alcohol Awareness Certification
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa fosters a team working environment, family/work life balance and an environment that is focused on Team Member recognition and appreciation.
Some of the ways in which we accomplish this is by offering the following:
- Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, supplemental coverage)
- 401K retirement savings plan + discretionary match
- Team Member Referral Bonus
- Education Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Scholarship Opportunity
- Paid Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- Relocation Assistance
- Recreation /Fitness Discounts
- Weekly Resort Prizes
- Career Development and Training Workshops
- FREE daily meal
- Internal Advancement
Job Reference #: 8706