Engineer II, Day Shift
- Employment Type
Come join Team Atlantis! We are currently accepting applications for Engineer II. The Engineer 2 (E2) will be responsible for responding to any calls for room repairs and issues throughout the entire facility while providing excellent service to all internal and external guests. This position may expose you to extreme weather and temperature conditions associated with working outdoors. A basic understanding of electrical circuits, plumbing, and general utility and building repairs is preferred. Must have some experience in the use of electrical meters, power tools and basic hand tools. The Engineer 2 (E2) must be able to perform tasks varying in complexity to ensure the safe and proper operation of all equipment and the property. Must be able lift 50 pounds unassisted and able to stand for up to 8 hours a day. While performing the duties of this job, the team member may be regularly exposed to a smoke-filled environment.
Full Time Day Shift
- Assist in the maintenance of all building systems and equipment, including repairs, electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, pneumatic, hydraulic equipment, and appliances to ensure safe and effective operation.
- Inform management staff of problems requiring maintenance and report any equipment deficiencies in a timely manner.
- Communicate with other shifts to ensure any follow-up on ongoing projects in order to minimize downtime.
- Respond to accident scenes, emergency calls (fire, smoke, etc.)
- Act as a maintenance representative for the Property Operations department.
- All Property Operations employees may be required to assist in other job duties within the department at any time regardless of job classification
- Maintain daily record of work requests, preventative maintenance work requests, planned maintenance requests.
- Assist in installing and maintaining of various systems
- The ability to learn how to read and understand blueprints, diagrams and technical documents.
- Ensure systems meet all standards of building codes, safety and manufacturers specifications.
- Understand and comply with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Must be willing to comply with company standards and code of conduct.
- Properly and successfully utilize the time clocks for record keeping and accountability.
- This is an hourly position, incumbent will report directly to shift supervisors, engineering managers and/or engineering director.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
- Must have 6 months prior experience or education as it pertains to performing maintenance and repair of bodies of water.
- Must have a general understanding or experience in the assembly, installation, maintenance, repair, and service of various equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively over the radio and in person.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of products.
- CPO certification preferred but not required.
- Forklift/Scissor Lift/Boom Lift certification preferred but not required.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Must adhere to all grooming standards, no "visible" tattoos/piercing or unnatural hair color.
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa fosters a team working environment and an environment that is focused on Team Member recognition and appreciation. Some of the ways in which we accomplish this is by offering the following:
- Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, supplemental coverage)
- 401K retirement savings plan + discretionary match
- Education Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Scholarship Opportunity
- Paid Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- Recreation /Fitness Discounts
- Weekly Resort Prizes
- Career Development and Training Workshops
- FREE daily meal
- Internal Advancement
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 17636