Executive Administrative Assistant
- Employment Type
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, in Reno, Nevada, has a career opportunity and is looking for someone with a proven track record to be the Executive Admin. Monarch Casino & Resort, Inc. (MCRI), is publicly traded and the parent company of Atlantis. Atlantis has been recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-size Employers.
Atlantis is recommended by Forbes Travel Guide with a Four Star Spa. Atlantis is rated by AAA as a Four Diamond resort; less than five percent of the nearly 31,000 properties approved by AAA achieve this Four Diamond designation. The Steakhouse and Bistro Napa restaurants at Atlantis are recommended by Forbes Travel Guide and consistently receive the highest ratings by TripAdvisor. Since 2000 Atlantis Steakhouse and Bistro Napa restaurants at Atlantis have received the Award of Excellence from Wine Spectator.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, on a daily basis the Executive Administrative Assistant will perform secretarial and administrative duties, as well as provide expert office management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all corporate, personnel and research matters; exercise good judgment and discretion.
- Manage the General Managers calendar and schedule appointments.
- Screen heavy volume of incoming calls and correspondence, and respond independently when appropriate
- Assist in the logistical organization of Board of Directors meetings.
- Arrange complex and detailed travel plans and itineraries; compile documents for travel-related meetings.
- Prepare General Manager, expense reports and reconcile corporate credit card accounts on a monthly basis.
- Perform complex and confidential secretarial functions including drafting and finalizing written correspondence.
- Proactively assist the General Manager to promote optimal and effective time management.
- Provide back-up support to other administrative assistants during absences
- Special projects as assigned.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must take direction well, willing to learn
- Ability to work well with all levels of the Team in collaborative manner
- Adaptability; expertise at managing competing demands, multitasking, and prioritizing; comfortable managing frequent change, delays and unexpected events
- Ability to work independently
- Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook with excellent working knowledge of the Internet
- Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize and plan work activities and use time efficiently.
- Excellent phone etiquette and customer service skills
- Ability to anticipate and proactively address situations in order to avoid problems; address and resolve problems efficiently and professionally
- Perform well under deadlines
- Ethical business practices
- Maintain professional appearance and attire on daily basis
- Flexibility to work late or on weekends, as business demands
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree “GED” (minimum)
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Previous advanced clerical and administrative experience required, preferably at executive level
- Proven track record of success in a similar position of responsibility
LICENSES OR PERMITS REQUIRED:
- Valid Nevada Driver’s License
- Computer Programs (Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet)
- General office equipment