Asst. Executive Chef
- Employment Type
- Food & Beverage, Leadership
Come join Team Atlantis! We are currently accepting applications for Executive Chef Assistant. The Assistant Chef will assist the Executive Chef as well as perform other duties. Conduct inspections, address any guest issues or concerns regarding food and beverage department, ensure that preparations and work station cleanliness standards are being met and exceeded. Assist the Director of Food & Beverage in establishing budget goals and objectives, monitoring financial aspects of the Department and developing effective cost controls for the entire department. Accurately calculate food and plate costs and percentages, as required, and so much more.
Full Time Various Shift
- Assist in providing a clean, safe and pleasant atmosphere for the Guests to enjoy and the Associates to work in. Ensure that the Guests on property have an enjoyable experience and have a desire to return.
- Inspire all Team Members to provide the highest levels of Guest service.
- Effectively function as a team leader and ensure that the assigned team members work in an effective and efficient manner and promote a team environment. Accomplish all assigned tasks successfully, on-time and within the established budget.
- Provide good decision-making and judgment in handling difficult business situations and opportunities.
- Make informed decisions in the best interest of the company based on experience, precedent, procedures and established policies relating to the products, services and facilities.
- Maintain the overall presentation Food and Beverage facilities and atmosphere and ensure that they are operated, maintained and improved for the continued success of the property into the future.
- Display desired leadership qualities and be able to respond to Associate’s and Guest’s questions and inquiries with knowledgeable answers.
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and show the ability to prioritize work assignments. Demonstrate the ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously and delegate when necessary.
- Protect, monitor and account for all property and equipment assigned to the various outlets and safeguard them against thefts, accidents and damage.
- Contribute to developing new ideas, offerings, menus, specials, promotions and parties that will draw premium guests and would encourage guests to return to the property and its facilities.
- Assist in developing and implementing successful marketing and action plans aimed at increasing the daily restaurant revenues, daily usage rates, Guest satisfaction and business market share in the food and beverage operations.
- Lead, direct and provide proper guidance to the assigned Food and Beverage Team Members.
- Assist in the development of menus and other projects as assigned to the Food and Beverage management team.
- Maintain cross communication with property management to assure a consistent operating philosophy and clear operating plans and that the goals of the property are met and exceeded. Maintain a positive and respectful attitude in all phases of completing the assigned responsibilities and duties.
- Provide timely responses to requests for information and reports regarding the Food and Beverage departments and the operations.
- Develop the talents and skills of the Associates assigned to the back of the house outlets. Success in this area will be measured by guest satisfaction with the department, team member satisfaction with their work place, and the successful advancement of the team members within the department.
- Provide decision-making and good judgment in evaluating business situations and opportunities prior to commitment and services.
- Provide a professional presence and consistently demonstrate honesty and fairness in all dealings with all associates.
- Meet the expectations and requirements as outlined, assigned, delegated or directed by the Director of Food and Beverage or by those assigned above it in the established chain of command that guide and direct them.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
- Must possess an Associate's degree or higher from an accredited college, university, culinary school or other institute of higher learning with an emphasis in Food and Beverage Management, Culinary or a related field. A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree is highly preferred.
- Must have attained certification as an Executive Chef from the American Culinary Federation.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of previous experience as an Assistant Executive Chef and have an understanding of all culinary styles.
- Must have a minimum of ten (10) years of additional progressive experience as a Chef, Room Chef or Kitchen Supervisor in a high volume production environment.
- Must possess superb written and oral communication skills in dealing with executives, leaders, distinguished guests, clients, staff, and other department personnel in order to increase business and meet established company goals.
- Must display a professional presence and consistently demonstrate honesty and fairness in dealings with Associates.
- Must possess the ability to mentor and inspire Food and Beverage Associates to provide the highest levels of professionalism and quality service.
- Must demonstrate superb team leadership/development and partnering ability. The candidate must be able to accomplish all assigned duties in a positive manner.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks and to deploy resources effectively.
- Must be Serv-Safe certified or become certifiable within 180 days.
- Must be a creative thinker who can develop new and exciting ways to provide or project value to our guests.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts, nights, weekends and holidays as required.
- Must adhere to all grooming standards, no "visible" tattoos/piercings or unnatural hair color.
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa fosters a team working environment and an environment that is focused on Team Member recognition and appreciation. Some of the ways in which we accomplish this is by offering the following:
- Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, supplemental coverage)
- 401K retirement savings plan + discretionary match
- Education Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Scholarship Opportunity
- Paid Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- Recreation /Fitness Discounts
- Weekly Resort Prizes
- Career Development and Training Workshops
- FREE daily meal
- Internal Advancement