Fixed Asset Accountant
- Employment Type
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, in Reno, Nevada, has a career opportunity and is looking for someone with a proven track record to be the Fixed Asset Accountant. Monarch Casino & Resort, Inc. (MCRI), is publicly traded and the parent company of Atlantis. Atlantis has been recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-size Employers.
Atlantis is recommended by Forbes Travel Guide with a Four Star Spa. Atlantis is rated by AAA as a Four Diamond resort; less than five percent of the nearly 31,000 properties approved by AAA achieve this Four Diamond designation. The Steakhouse and Bistro Napa restaurants at Atlantis are recommended by Forbes Travel Guide and consistently receive the highest ratings by TripAdvisor. Since 2000 Atlantis Steakhouse and Bistro Napa restaurants at Atlantis have received the Award of Excellence from Wine Spectator.
The Fixed Asset Accountant main responsibilities will be, fixed assets accounting (both tangible and intangible), In addition, the fixed asset accountant will be involved in financial and operational analysis and day to day accounting/audit operation functions relating to compliance with government agencies, as well as different accounting projects as they arise. This position will report to the Controller and will be involved in.
• Oversees the fixed assets system and manages all fixed assets transactions (additions, deletions); runs and records depreciation for all fixed assets.
• Reconciles fixed asset accounts and prepare roll forward for the cash flow statement.
• Prepare audit schedules relating to fixed assets, and assist external auditors in their inquiries.
• Manages the Project Accounting system and acts as an administrator of the system, including creating new projects including work breakdown structure (WBS) and advising senior management.
• Responsible for tracking costs of major construction projects, using Project Accounting or other tool and reconciling Project Accounting to the GL.
• Assists VP of Finance in any real assets, personal assets and construction cost related tasks and projects.
• Supports VP of Finance and other managers and executives, per requests, with the reports from the systems the position maintains.
• Ensure company’s capital policy is enforced and approves all capital invoices.
• Keep informed about all ongoing capital projects and work closely with departments to ensure correct accounting treatment of capital and R&M costs.
• Draft procedures and prepare memos per the VP of Finance request and supervision.
• Responsible for personal and real property taxes.
•Bachelor degree and or minimum 5 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
•Strong understanding of accounting and GAAP.
•Able to review the monthly financial statements and perform research per assignment.
•Problem solving skills
•Able to work independently with high attention to detail and with confidentiality.
•Possess effective skills for managing projects and making business decisions.
•Business analytic skills to translate information/data into usable forms.
•Skills to design, develop and implement methodology for gathering and querying data.
•Able to manage the time and keep up with financial policies, regulation and legislation.
•Ability to work with various software systems, including but not limited to Blackline, Infinium, Sage Fixed Assets, and Stratton Warren.
•Possess effective skills in all Microsoft Office Applications including Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point.
Job Reference #: 8992