Graphic Artist- Advertising
- Employment Type
This position will be responsible for designing and producing visual marketing materials, creating conceptual framework for assigned projects, providing design, artwork and layout instruction as needed, monitoring production activities and schedules, evaluating marketing materials presented by design team to ensure visual integrity, brand coherence and marketing objectives are met, making modifications as needed, and presenting marketing product for final release to the Director of Marketing for approval.
• Exceptional advertising, signage, display and promotional materials design capabilities.
• Translate ideas into designs based on creative briefs and/or job starters.
• Generate creative concepts that communicate messages clearly and effectively.
• Multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously.
• Work independently or as part of a team, collaborate and interact effectively with internal and external clients, vendors, and creative agency.
• Knowledge of design fundamentals including strategic branding, color theory, typography, composition, and color correction/photo retouching and manipulating
• Manage relationship with printers and other production companies to produce quality pieces.
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
• Understanding of archiving and backing up working files.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in writing
• Ability to proof and edit copy in English
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet project deadlines
• Ability to analyze data and make sound recommendations
• Ability to maintain professionalism and composure
• Ability to understand and follow verbal directives and written directions
• Ability to accept constructive criticism
• Experience with digital cameras and lighting a plus
• Ability to write copy
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint a plus
• Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with ethical integrity; Upholds organizational values.
• Communication – Communicates clearly and informatively; able to read and interpret written information.
• Problem-Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Judgement – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgement; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
• Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
• Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Job Reference #: 8727