Hotel Reservations Specialist
- Employment Type
The Atlantis Casino Resort Spa Reservation Specialist is vitally important to the continued success of the company. Reservation agents help guests make travel plans. They describe and book ideal hotel accommodations for VIP and non-VIP guests, book special events, provide room rates, reserve dining, assist with directing guests towards spa services and other vacation-related arrangements over the phone, fax or through email. To be successful, agents must have a clear speaking voice and demonstrate strong interpersonal, analytical and organization skills.
Strong communication skills, proper telephone etiquette, active listening skills, data entry, ability to relate to others, patience, good judgment, attention to detail, professionalism, proactive problem solving, ability to multi-task, negotiation skills, excellent computer skills.
- Expert communicator that is able to listen effectively and communicate in a clear, friendly and professional manner.
- Provide superior service via phones, e-mails and faxes as a receiver and caller.
- Ability to incorporate active listening skills and questioning techniques that support effective telephone communication and sales skills.
- Utilize an effective approach to handle special telephone tasks such as call transfers, taking messages, call backs, holds, interruptions, and unintentional disconnects.
- Effectively deal with job stress, angry callers, and upset customers.
- Understand the impact of attitude when speaking with guests.
- Ability to build a positive rapport with all manner of guests over the phone to create a pleasant experience for the customer and draw them back to our resort for future visits.
- Apply proper telephone etiquette to satisfy various customer situations.
- Assist with providing reservations to guests, including upselling special packages, upgraded rooms and cross-selling different services throughout the hotel.
- Provide assistance with questions regarding the Company and Special Events.
- Consistently be above 35% conversion on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Assist with filing when needed.
- Produce daily and weekly rate comparisons for area hotels utilizing the Internet and telephone.
- Display time flexibility towards shifts as per work floor requirements
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
Proficient in relevant computer applications (Office, Word, Excel, HAL, LMS, Hotel Extranets)
Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
Knowledge of call center telephony and technology
Experience within call center or customer service environment preferred
Knowledge of administration and clerical processes
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa fosters a team working environment, family/work life balance and an environment that is focused on team member recognition and appreciation.
Some of the ways in which we accomplish this is by offering the following:
- Referral Programs - Team Members who refer friends & family may earn up to $1600
- Education Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Benefits (Medical /Dental/Vision/Disability & more)
- Paid Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- 401K with Company Match
- Relocation Assistance
- Recreation /Fitness Discounts
- Weekly Resort Prizes
- Career Development and Training Workshops
- FREE daily meal
- Internal Advancement
Job Reference #: 9515