- Employment Type
Under direction of the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Specialist is responsible for a variety of human resources activities with emphasis in the areas of team member relations and engagement. The Human Resources Specialist will assist with recruitment and other HR projects as needed. The Human Resources Specialist will ensure the organization follows all applicable federal, state and local employment related laws.
The Human Resources Specialist, as with all members of the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa Team, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a manner which demonstrates initiative, professionalism, personal awareness, integrity, and exercises confidentiality in the appropriate areas of his/her performance. The Human Resources Specialist shares in the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa support of the company’s Vision, Mission, Values, and consistently performs all functions in a fashion that inspires and motivates others to actively pursue them.
- Works with property management to interpret and consistently apply company policies. Works directly with department managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on human resources matters.
- Guides and advises supervisors and managers on effective and legal documentation of team member performance. Reviews and makes recommendations on Team Member work action documentation and Performance Improvement Plans.
- Coordinates Engagement Committee teams and activities; coordinates and compiles event budgets.
- Conducts exit interviews and analyzes data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Assists Director of Human Resources to develop department goals, objectives, and systems. Makes recommendations for closing leadership performance gaps based on Team Member Relations mediation and follow up.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed. Develops, recommends and implements company policies and procedures.
- Under direction of Director of Human Resources, responds to team member relation issues such as complaints, harassment allegations, and civil rights complaints. Performs investigations as necessary and makes recommendations for corrective action.
- Takes the lead or assisting roles on various HR projects such as performance benchmarking, recruitment processes and/or engagement activities and surveys.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with department managers, Team Members, and the general public.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of human resources, employment law and employee relations.
- Knowledge of the organization and operation of administrative programs.
- Ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form.
- Must be computer proficient, strong knowledge of MS Office products, and HRIS administration.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, or a related field preferred.
- Displays original thinking and creativity.
- Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
- Minimum of 3 years’ direct or indirect experience in Human Resources or an operational leadership role.