HR Training Specialist
- Employment Type
Under the guidance of the Senior Human Resources Manager, the Training Specialist is responsible for facilitating the classes and workshops.
The Training & Development Specialist, as with all members of the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa Team, provides excellent customer service to all Team Members, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a manner which demonstrates initiative, professionalism, personal awareness, integrity, and exercises confidentiality in the appropriate areas of his/her performance. The incumbent shares in the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa support of the company’s Vision, Mission, Values, and consistently performs all functions in a fashion that inspires and motivates others to actively pursue them. As part of the leadership team, role models the expected behaviors of service, positive attitude, cooperation and accountability. Engenders trust in others and develops credible relationships at all levels.
- Facilitates primary training programs such as New Hire Orientation and Leadership development.
- Works closely with HR Manager to perform gap analyses to identify opportunities for enhancing training, development and performance at the operational level.
- Provides strategic support for satellite and auxiliary training and development programs, including online learning and local academic partnerships.
- Working with the HR Manager and the HR Director, creates performance benchmarks for consistent measurement and evaluation of competencies across departments.
- Takes the lead on supporting service initiatives and other development related programs for the property.
- Works closely with department leaders to identify and develop high potential Team Members.
- In conjunction with the HR manager, is a primary point person for the Management Development Trainee programs.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Training & Development, Human Resources or related field, or comparable experience in performance coaching
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with department managers, Team Members, and the general public.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of Human Resource functions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of learning and development theories and applications including measurement of outcomes
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must have strong technical and MS Office products knowledge and skills
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Training and Development, Human Resources or closely related field
- Bilingual desired