IT Systems Coordinator
- Employment Type
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa a wholly owned subsidiary of Monarch Casino & Resort, Inc. (NASDAQ: MCRI), a publicly traded corporation recognized by Forbes on their "Most Trustworthy Companies" list and rated as America’s Best and Mid-Size Employers.
Atlantis has opened an I.T. Systems Coordinaotr who is responsible for coordination of all I.T. systems and server administration.
- Troubleshoots and solves a wide range of technical problems involving both property specific systems and the underlying infrastructure technology. This may include computing hardware, local area networking, file and application servers, and software applications.
- Acts as the first point of contact in the I.T. Systems Team to provide problem escalation and technical guidance for the I.T. Helpdesk and other Team Members.
- Tracks and communicates the workflow on assigned issues and projects, coordinating actions of vendors, the I.T. Systems Team, the I.T. Helpdesk and other Team Members to ensure comprehensive and timely completion.
- Follows an established pattern of problem solving, but must also be able to exercise initiative when troubleshooting with the aid of logs, documentation, and online resources with minimal supervision.
- With guidance from senior I.T. systems staff, maintains I.T. infrastructure support systems, including but not limited to backups, software updates, virus and malware protection, and asset inventory.
- Contributes design concepts for new and existing systems designs for both general and specialized system applications to provide the most reliable and robust capabilities.
- With guidance from senior I.T. systems staff, researches new and emerging technologies for feasibility in the Atlantis and Monarch computing environment.
- Coordinates with vendors and other I.T. staff during the design, acquisition, and installation phases of new systems and solutions to ensure compliance and compatibility.
- Develops and maintains operational procedures for I.T. systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Desires and has demonstrated aptitude for systems in a high paced environment
- Preferred certification in networking essentials and/or Microsoft MCSA/MCSE on Windows Server 2008 or higher.
- Ability to solve problems independently using online resources.
- Understanding of intermediate Windows components such as RDS, IIS, WDS, AD, Group Policy, WSUS, Data Collectors, FSRM, Printing Services.
- Basic understanding of SAN/NAS concepts.
- Basic experience with database technologies including MSSQL, Interbase, PostGres, and MySQL.
- Basic experience with virtualization technologies such as VMWare, Hyper-V, or Xen.
- Basic experience managing Linux servers.
- Experience managing devices via ssh/telnet.
- Experience with backup and software distribution applications.
- Experience with Mitel analog, digital and VoIP phone systems.
- Familiar with TCP/IP and other networking protocols and concepts.
- Ability to troubleshoot networking issues from the physical layer to the transport layer.
- Experience with server operating systems such as Windows, Unix, OS/400, Linux and OSX.
- Experience with systems integration.
- Experience with malware protection and other computing security technologies.