Kitchen Mechanic - Engineering
- Employment Type
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa is a wholly owned subsidiary of Monarch Casino & Resort, Inc. (NASDAQ: MCRI), a publicly traded corporation recognized by Forbes on their "Most Trustworthy Companies" list and rated as America’s Best and Mid-Size Employers.
The performance of routine preventative maintenance on all commercial Kitchen equipment at all Kitchen, Bar and associated Food and Beverage outlets. Additionally, accomplish service repairs to ensure all equipment is operating at a high level of reliability and efficiency.
The incumbent in this position works on-site at the casino and interfaces with external/internal customers, Team Members, and vendors on a regular basis. The position’s work schedule varies and may include Saturday/Sunday and evening work depending on the needs of the operation, renovation project installation and/or emergency situations.
• Daily check-in with Chefs, Lead Cooks, etc. to ensure all equipment is operating correctly.
• Promptly perform HotSOS service orders for any equipment that is broken or down.
• Diagnose equipment problems and take appropriate action for prompt repairs thus minimizing down time.
• Clean and maintain equipment to the highest industry standard.
• Attend schools, seminars and additional training to ensure up to date knowledge is maintained for all brands of equipment utilized i.e., Montague, Hobart, Stero, etc.
• Train Swing shift and Graveyard Team Members to ensure knowledgeable staff is onsite 24 hrs./ day.
• Experience utilizing Owner/Maintenance manuals to assist in the diagnosis of equipment i.e., familiar with wiring diagrams, parts breakdowns, etc.
• Source and order all parts required for the proper maintenance of the equipment including creation of “Critical Spare Parts” list and perform cycle counts on a monthly basis to ensure all required parts are maintained on hand.
• Basic project management skills and the ability to supervise subcontractors engaged to install new kitchen equipment.
• Possess a friendly and hospitable demeanor to facilitate good interaction with the Food and Beverage Team.
• Self-starter able to function with minimal supervision.
• Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
- P.A. certification for refrigerants
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in commercial kitchen equipment repairs.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa fosters a team working environment, family/work life balance and an environment that is focused on team member recognition and appreciation.
Some of the ways in which we accomplish this is by offering the following:
- Referral Programs - Team Members who refer friends & family may earn up to $1600
- Education Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Benefits (Medical /Dental/Vision/Disability & more)
- Paid Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- 401K with Company Match
- Relocation Assistance
- Recreation /Fitness Discounts
- Weekly Resort Prizes
- Career Development and Training Workshops
- FREE daily meal
- Internal Advancement
Job Reference #: 9480