Legal Administrative Assistant
- Employment Type
Monarch Casino & Resort, Inc. (NASDAQ: MCRI), is a publicly traded corporation recognized by Forbes on their "Most Trustworthy Companies" list and rated as America’s Best and Mid-Size Employers.
Monarch has opened an exclusive career opportunity for a Legal Administrative Assistant.
The incumbent will report to the Chief Legal Officer and will need to function in a fast-paced environment.
- Performs a wide variety of administrative tasks.
- Maintains calendars and schedules meetings in Outlook.
- Tracks and organizes numerous documents, including contracts, policies and correspondence.
- Coordinates travel arrangements as needed.
- Composes routine correspondence.
- Creates binders and maintains filing system for both company contracts and l legal files.
- Responds to phone calls and emails in a professional manner.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with executive management.
- Ensures that all documents have been proofread, edited and revised as necessary for accuracy, format, grammar, and punctuation.
- Extensive redlining work with organization of successive iterations.
- Requires 5 to 10 years of legal secretarial experience, specifically in a commercial law firm or corporation.
- Must possess proven advanced knowledge of MS Office 2016 (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Must possess excellent proofreading and editing skills as well as the ability to function independently and possess good follow through.
- Required to edit large documents in a timely manner with close attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow instructions.
- Thorough familiarity with legal terminology pertinent to general legal concepts and specific area(s) of assignment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Also required are advanced skills in redlining and editing documents.
- Ability to perform clerical tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
- An ownership mentality sees tasks through to completion. Goes the extra step to proactively seek out answers to problems that may fall outside his/her area of expertise.
Job Reference #: 9434