Promotions & Events Planner
- Employment Type
- Hospitality, Marketing
Come join Team Atlantis! We are currently accepting applications for Marketing Promotions & Events Planner. The Promotions & Events Planner supports the Promotions & Events Manager in executing the property’s Casino Marketing event and promotion schedules. The job includes but is not limited to: assisting with event reservation calls, maintaining the integrity of the event database, drafting welcome letters, registering event guests, announcing during drawings, execution of drawings and all event related material.
All levels of event planners work closely with VIP Services, Reservations as well as many other casino and hotel departments to optimize efficiency, accuracy as well as regulatory compliance for gaming. The Promotions & Events Planner must be familiar with all Casino Marketing events, promotions and mailers. Availability to work any shift necessary to accomplish the above assignments is required.
- Assists in planning and executing the Casino Marketing event process and promotions.
- Greets and provides guests registration packets/information, prepares gift packages, and works with the Promotions & Events Manager and internal team to ensure BEO’s are effectively implemented.
- Prepares welcome packets with the appropriate contents i.e. welcome letter and timeline, and if needed tournament rules, food coupons, drawing tickets, Banquet drink and concert tickets.
- Communicates effectively interdepartmentally and provides support data for departmental reports, records and filing system.
- Support the overall planning, coordination, and execution of all events and promotions; coordinate assistance from other departments, such as Catering/Banquets, Marketing, etc., as necessary
- Compose event and promotion-related communications, including guest letters, property wide memos, event fact sheets and all property event and promotion collateral
- Research, develop and manage relationships with vendors/entertainment to ensure all prerequisites are met during the events and promotions
- Create rules for all events and promotions; seek approval from Compliance, Legal and Marketing teams as appropriate
- Attend events and promotions to ensure all details are attended to and serve as the point of contact for any potential issues
- Other assignments as assigned my management.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; talk, and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Nevada Gaming Registration Required
- Nevada Alcohol Awareness Required
- Valid Drivers License with a clean Drivers record
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and verbal forms
- Ability to multi-task and work well in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Excellent organizational skills to function effectively under time constraints and within established deadlines, with particular attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all business contacts
- Ability and willingness to provide upbeat positive and friendly attitude toward guests and co-workers striving for the highest level of customer service in our industry.
- Appropriate business attire when assigned in functions with guest exposure. Appropriate light business attire when operating in the back of the house function. Must be available to work in either function at any given time.
***MUST adhere to all grooming standards, no "visible" tattoos/piercings or unnatural hair colors***
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa fosters a team working environment and an environment that is focused on Team Member recognition and appreciation. Some of the ways in which we accomplish this is by offering the following:
- Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, supplemental coverage)
- 401K retirement savings plan + discretionary match
- Education Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Scholarship Opportunity
- Paid Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- Recreation /Fitness Discounts
- Weekly Resort Prizes
- Career Development and Training Workshops
- FREE daily meal
- Internal Advancement