Regional Sales Director, Southwest Territory
- Employment Type
Come join Team Atlantis! We are currently accepting applications for Regional Sales Director. The position of Regional Sales Director-Southwest Region is responsible for prospecting and maintaining association, corporate, government and city-wide convention market segment accounts located in the Southwest territory, as directed for maximum hotel room, food & beverage and gaming revenue. The Southwest region will encompass the territory west of the Mississippi River through Southern California. The off-peak/shoulder seasons and mid-week business are the targeted opportunity periods where sales goals will be derived.
Full Time Day Shift
- Develop and execute an annual sales plan related to assigned territory and market segments, including budgets estimates, quarterly goals and activities.
- Solicit and maintain appropriate market segment prospects and clients.
- Develop and build accounts with prospective clients to increase room-night utilization at targeted room rates and need periods.
- Responsible for tracking/tracing accounts, contract documents and correspondence.
- Attend convention & visitors authority meetings, special events and other meetings as needed.
- Host incoming FAMs and site inspections.
- Travel out of town to attend market segment meetings, trade shows and other promotions.
- Analyze various industry publications, reports and current market trends to create new marketing strategies and plans and make recommendations to the Executive Director of Sales.
- Maintain a positive work environment by conducting all communication with clients, prospects, colleagues, co-workers and supervisors in a professional, friendly, cooperative and helpful manner.
- Provide management with weekly tracking and sales reports for projects, meetings and daily activities.
- Develop and execute telemarketing and e-mail solicitations and promotions.
- Participate in community events, special events, etc. as assigned.
- Listen to client challenges, and tactfully use excellent customer service skills to solve these challenges.
- Assist in special marketing projects as assigned by department director.
- Work cooperatively with other members of the sales team as well as other departments to create efficiencies and strategies to increase sales revenues and enhance sales programs.
- Process all inquiries related to assigned market segments.
- Conduct pre-convention meetings to coordinate related catering/convention services, transportation, advertising and other services.
- Develop and maintain a broad network of meetings and convention industry decision-making contacts.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
- Trade show and presentation experience.
- Effective plan building skills.
- Strong sales abilities.
- Excellent public relations and customer service skills.
- Efficient organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Effective team building skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ethical business practices.
- Ability to travel approximately 35% of total time.
- Professional appearance and attire, no "visible" tattoos/piercings or unnatural hair colors.
College Preferred in a related field
Additional experience a plus:
Previous sales experience required
Hotel sales experience required
Valid Nevada Driver’s License
Police Work Card issued by City of Reno Police Department