Reservations Specialist, various shifts
- Employment Type
Come join Team Atlantis! We are currently accepting applications for Reservations Specialist. The Atlantis Casino Resort Spa Reservation Specialist is vitally important to the continued success of the company. Reservation agents help guests make travel plans. They describe and book ideal hotel accommodations for VIP and non-VIP guests, book special events, provide room rates, reserve dining, assist with directing guests towards spa services and other vacation-related arrangements over the phone, fax or through email.
Full Time Various Shifts
- Expert communicator that is able to listen effectively and communicate in a clear, friendly and professional manner.
- Provide superior service via phones, e-mails and faxes as a receiver and caller.
- Ability to incorporate active listening skills and questioning techniques that support effective telephone communication and sales skills.
- Utilize an effective approach to handle special telephone tasks such as call transfers, taking messages, call backs, holds, interruptions, and unintentional disconnects.
- Effectively deal with job stress, angry callers, and upset customers.
- Understand the impact of attitude when speaking with guests.
- Ability to build a positive rapport with all manner of guests over the phone to create a pleasant experience for the customer and draw them back to our resort for future visits.
- Apply proper telephone etiquette to satisfy various customer situations.
- Assist with providing reservations to guests, including up selling special packages, upgraded rooms and cross-selling different services throughout the hotel.
- Assists with questions regarding the Company and Special Events.
- Consistently be above 35% conversion on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Assist with filing when needed.
- Produce daily and weekly rate comparisons for area hotels utilizing the Internet and telephone.
- Strong communication skills, proper telephone etiquette, active listening skills, data entry, ability to relate to others, patience, good judgment, attention to detail, professionalism, proactive problem solving, ability to multi-task, negotiation skills, excellent computer skills.
- Display time flexibility towards shifts as per work floor requirements.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
- Agents must have a clear speaking voice and demonstrate strong interpersonal, analytical and organization skills.
- Proficient in relevant computer applications (Office, Word, Excel, HAL, LMS, Hotel Extranets).
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Knowledge of call center telephony and technology.
- Experience within call center or customer service environment preferred.
- Knowledge of administration and clerical processes.
- Adhere to all grooming standards, no "visible" tattoos/piercings or unnatural hair colors.
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa fosters a team working environment, family/work life balance and an environment that is focused on team member recognition and appreciation. Some of the ways in which we accomplish this is by offering the following:
- Benefits (Medical /Dental/Vision/Disability & more)
- Education Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Paid Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- 401K with Company Match
- Recreation /Fitness Discounts
- Discounted RTC Bus Passes
- Weekly Resort Prizes
- Career Development and Training Workshops
- FREE daily meal
- Internal Advancement