Restaurant Manager - Purple Parrot
- Employment Type
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, in Reno, Nevada, has a career opportunity and is looking for someone with a proven track record to be the Director of Facilities. Monarch Casino & Resort, Inc. (MCRI), is publicly traded and the parent company of Atlantis. Atlantis has been recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-size Employers.
Atlantis is recommended by Forbes Travel Guide with a Four Star Spa. Atlantis is rated by AAA as a Four Diamond resort; less than five percent of the nearly 31,000 properties approved by AAA achieve this Four Diamond designation. The Steakhouse and Bistro Napa restaurants at Atlantis are recommended by Forbes Travel Guide and consistently receive the highest ratings by TripAdvisor. Since 2000 Atlantis Steakhouse and Bistro Napa restaurants at Atlantis have received the Award of Excellence from Wine Spectator.
• Responsible for the overall operations of the restaurant service.
• Must be dedicated to excellence, team work and guest satisfaction.
• Maintain effective communication, giving direction, support, timely feedback and recognition of performance.
• Evaluates work procedures, review standards, identifies methods for increasing efficiency or effectiveness and respond proactively to any needs that may arise.
• Creates a positive environment in which all team members have the ability to maximize their potential.
• Moves throughout the restaurant area to visually monitor and take action to ensure the food quality and service standards are met.
• Monitors labor costs on a daily basis.
• Reviews and identifies problem areas, operational concerns and policies and procedures.
• Implements and ensures prompt and courteous service to our guest and monitors the compliance of the established standards of the Purple Parrot.
• Ability to increase revenue by motivating the team members to up sell.
• Ability to decrease expenses by being aware of waste and implementing changes needed to decrease cost.
• Greets and communicates with guests in a friendly and courteous manner.
• Resolves guest complaints.
• Prepares team member evaluations and disciplinary notices.
• Must be available all shifts and on-call 24 hours a day.
• Controls and monitors payroll.
• Assists in the development of new menus.
• Recruits, interviews, coach, counsels, hires and terminates.
• Forecasts, implements and monitors components of the budget.
• Schedules within the accordance of the events, hotel occupancy and holidays.
• Inspects the restaurant for any engineering or PAH issues.
• Controls all ordering of FOH food and china.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment, ability to multi-task.
• Effective oral and written skills.
• Proficiently in Stratton-Warren Inventory system, Micros, CTUIT and office computer systems.
• Understands financial reports and applies the information in a timely and practical fashion to improve the operations.
• Has full knowledge of the menus.
• Has full knowledge of alcoholic beverages and wine.
• Ability to deal well with change and uncertainty and flexible enough to adapt and sensibly respond to the situation at hand.
• Must be able to obtain a Food Safety Certification and Alcohol Card.
• Greets and assists all guests in a positive manner.
• 2 years previous manager experience- hospitality.
• Ensures to guests receive their food in a timely manner.
• Ensures the food is to the guests satisfaction.
• Ensures quality of food is to the Purple Parrot standards.
• Maintains consistently high levels of guest service as defined and measured with in the Purple Parrots guest service expectations.
• Develops the talents and skills of the team members to ensure the guest are receiving the quality service they deserve and know from the Purple Parrot.
• Expected to come to work on time and ready to work.
• Expected to follow the Atlantis Code of Conduct and Policies and Procedures.