Room Chef - Purple Parrot
- Employment Type
- Food & Beverage
Are you a team player who thrives on providing Guests with the ultimate dining experience? We are currently accepting applications for talented and guest service oriented individuals to join our Atlantis Team. As Room Chef you will directly oversee the operation of the kitchen in conjunction with other Departmental Management. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, hiring, training, scheduling and directing all culinary staff; visually inspecting all food product to be served to ensure they all meet the quality standards set out be Departmental and Hotel management; ensure proper receiving and storage of food products so as to comply with health department regulations; and adherence to all cost and quality control procedures.
- Maintain a high quality of guest service and satisfaction.
- Responsible for kitchen and restaurant expenses and inventories.
- Responsible for developing new menu items and specials
- Responsible for proper food preparation quantity and quality.
- Responsible for Maintaining and enforcing all sanitation and health department requirements.
- Works with FOH management to maintain budgetary and financial requirements, food cost, labor cost, etc.
- Responsible for monthly inventory.
- Responsible for kitchen personnel training.
- Responsible for Ensuring and expediting proper product storage, quality, presentation and consistency.
- Responsible for holding accountable all Line Cooks, Prep Cooks and support personnel through effective and consistent communication.
- Responsible for interacting with the receiving/ purchasing department to ensure food orders are of the proper quality and quantity
- Responsible for department compliance regarding all sanitation rules and requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring that culinary operation are in satisfactory conditions to meet local health requirements.
- Supervise and guide all kitchen personnel with development and discipline.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance and arriving on time to all scheduled shifts and mandatory meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must posses and demonstrate strong leadership skills.
Ideal candidates for this position will have a minimum of 3 years experience.