Room Chef - Purple Parrot
- Employment Type
- Food & Beverage
The Room Chef will directly oversee the operation of the kitchen in conjunction with other Departmental Management to direct the performance of chefs, cooks and other kitchen staff. Responsible for the quality assurance of all finished products of the venue and the supervision of all food productions ensuring all company specifications and standards are satisfied.
- Hiring, training, scheduling and directing all culinary staff
- Responsible for the supervision and performance of all other cooks and kitchen workers and supports personnel through effective and consistent communication, must work in conjunction with the goals of the Restaurant Managers and Supervisors.
- Assist and advises other departments and company personnel, as necessary to assure the success of the Food and Beverage department and the company overall.
- Development, management, and implication of the budget for the kitchens, including the food cost of sales and kitchen labor costs while meeting the Health Departments required guidelines.
- Trains kitchen personnel in safe operating procedures of all equipment, utensils, and machinery. Establishes maintenance schedules in conjunction with manufacturer’s instructions for all equipment.
- Delegate authority and assign responsibilities.
- Developing staff.
- Trains kitchen personnel to prepare all food while retaining the maximum amount of desirable nutrients special and dietary request to include low-fat, low-sodium, vegetarian and low-calorie meals.
- Ensuring and expediting proper product storage, quality, presentation and consistency.
- Control food costs and establishes purchasing specifications; storeroom requisitions systems, product storage, portion control, and waste control.
- Manage programs and processes to control and reduce loss time injuries.
- Ensure the safety and security of employees.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality relative to financial data, company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 3 years experience.
- Must posses and demonstrate strong leadership skills and able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel and guests.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift to 50 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.