Sales & Marketing-Regional Sales Director-Western Region
- Employment Type
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa is a wholly owned subsidiary of Monarch Casino & Resort, Inc. (NASDAQ: MCRI), a publicly traded corporation recognized by Forbes on their "Most Trustworthy Companies" list and rated as America’s Best and Mid-Size Employers.
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa has opened an exclusive Regional Sales Manager-Western Region career opportunity.
The position of Regional Sales Manager-Western Region is responsible for prospecting and maintaining association, corporate, government and city-wide convention market segment accounts located in the Rocky Mountain, Pacific Northwest,California & Nevada territories, as directed for maximum hotel room, food & beverage and gaming revenue. The off-peak/shoulder seasons and mid-week business are the targeted opportunity periods where sales goals will be derived.
- Develop and execute an annual sales plan related to assigned territory and market segments, including budgets estimates, quarterly goals and activities.
- Solicit and maintain appropriate market segment prospects and clients.
- Develop and build accounts with prospective clients to increase room-night utilization at targeted room rates and need periods.
- Responsible for tracking/tracing accounts, contract documents and correspondence.
- Attend RSCVA meetings,special events and other meetings as needed.
- Host incoming FAMs and site inspections.
- Travel out of town to attend market segment meetings, trade shows and other promotions.
- Analyze various industry publications, reports and current market trends to create new marketing strategies and plans and make recommendations to the Director of Convention Sales.
- Maintain a positive work environment by conducting all communication with clients, prospects, colleagues, co-workers and supervisors in a professional, friendly, cooperative and helpful manner.
- Provide management with weekly tracking and sales reports for projects, meetings and daily activities.
- Develop and execute telemarketing and e-mail solicitations and promotions.
- Participate in community events, special events, etc. as assigned.
- Listen to client challenges, and tactfully use excellent customer service skills to solve these challenges.
- Assist in special marketing projects as assigned by department director.
- Work cooperatively with other members of the sales team as well as other departments to create efficiencies and strategies to increase sales revenues and enhance sales programs.
- Process all inquiries related to assigned market segments.
- Conduct pre-convention meetings to coordinate related catering/convention services, transportation, advertising and other services.
- Develop and maintain a broad network of meetings and convention industry decision-making contacts.
- Must adhere to all grooming standards, no "visible" tattoos/piercings or unnatural hair colors
- Trade show and presentation experience
- Effective plan building skills
- Strong sales abilities
- Excellent public relations and customer service skills
- Efficient organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Effective team building skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ethical business practices
- Ability to travel approximately 35% of total time
- Professional appearance and attire
Additional experience a plus:
Previous sales experience required
Hotel sales experience preferred
Valid Nevada Driver’s License
Police Work Card issued by City of Reno Police Department
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa fosters a team working environment and an environment that is focused on Team Member recognition and appreciation. Some of the ways in which we accomplish this is by offering the following:
- Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, supplemental coverage)
- 401K retirement savings plan + discretionary match
- Education Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Scholarship Opportunity
- Paid Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- Recreation /Fitness Discounts
- Weekly Resort Prizes
- Career Development and Training Workshops
- FREE daily meal
- Internal Advancement