- Employment Type
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, in Reno, Nevada, has a career opportunity and is looking for a Sales Coordinator.
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa is consistently ranked the #1 Reno resort on TripAdvisor, has the prestigious AAA Four Diamond designation, and is recommended by the Forbes Travel Guide. Atlantis is recognized for its luxurious accommodations, eight award-winning restaurants including the top four on TripAdvisor, 10 captivating bars and lounges, a world-class spa, and casino-wide action. For the fifth consecutive year, Spa Atlantis has earned the highly coveted 2020 Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Award. Spa Atlantis is the only spa to attain to attain this recognition in Reno. In addition to Spa Atlantis’s prestigious designation as a Four-Star Spa, Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, Atlantis Steakhouse, and Bistro Napa all received the 2020 Recommended rating by the Forbes Travel Guide.
- Process correspondence, reports, proposals and contract documents and internal communications.
- Work with assigned managers, work cooperatively on any and all projects by their assigned managers
- Assist in developing and building prospect and client accounts as designated by the annual sales plan and as designated.
- Receive incoming calls and greet guests.
- Conduct personal and telephone contacts in a courteous and professional manner with each person who enters or calls the Sales Department. Refer, as appropriate, the caller or visitor to the proper sales staff person or hotel department.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail.
- Assist with solicitation and compile appropriate promotional packets, mailings, lists and files.
- Assist with special client requests for site inspections, room service gifts, and interdepartmental coordination of other related client services.
- Maintain filing systems, form letters, forms, mailing lists and sales collateral materials.
- Input data and maintain computer database, to include form letters, reports and direct mail lists.
- Coordinate assignments and maintain communication with various staff and other departments of the hotel as directed and as appropriate.
- Maintain traces and appropriate client status reports.
- Coordinate all aspects of travel arrangements including shipping and coordinating collateral for trade shows and presentations.
- Work cooperatively with other members of the sales team as well as other departments to create new systems and strategies to increase sales and enhance sales programs.
- Maintain communication with Sales Directors/Managers and Hotel Department Managers regarding reservations activity.
- Maintain correspondence with group leaders regarding hotel reservations activity.
- Participate in community events, special events, etc. as assigned.
- Maintain a positive work environment by conducting all communication with clients, prospects, colleagues, co-workers and supervisors in a professional, friendly, cooperative and helpful manner.
Additional Job Functions:
Perform other job functions as requested or assigned.
Infrequent business travel may be required.
Essential Qualifications & Abilities:
Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Able to take direction well
Ability to work independently
Ability to perform as an effective team member
Excellent basic computer skills
Strong organizational skills
Excellent phone etiquette
Excellent public relations and customer service skills
Ethical business practices
Professional appearance and attire
High School, related field experience or equivalent
Previous advanced clerical or secretarial skills required
Previous hotel sales experience preferred
Computer with various programs (Windows, Delphi and Internet experience preferred)
Computerized hotel reservation system (LMS experience preferred)
General office equipment