Sales- Sports Sales Manager- Shift: Day
- Employment Type
- General Administration, Leadership, Marketing
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa in Reno, Nevada is a wholly owned subsidiary of Monarch Casino & Resort, Inc. (NASDAQ: MCRI), a publicly traded corporation. We invite you to be a part of a company recognized by Forbes and on their "Most Trustworthy Companies" list.
We are proud to announce an exclusive opportunity for a Sports Sales Manager. This role will be based at the resort in Reno. Ideal applicant will have extensive knowledge and a network of clients applicable to the Sports market.
- Develop and execute an annual sales plan related to the sports market segments, including budget estimates, quarterly goals and activities. Must meet or exceed all goals and objectives.
- Solicit and maintain appropriate sports market prospects and clients.
- Develop and build accounts to increase room night utilization at targeted room rates and need periods.
- Responsible for tracking/tracing accounts, contract documents and correspondence.
- Represent the resort at local and out of town events, meetings & trade-shows as needed.
- Host incoming clients for FAMs and site inspections at the resort, when applicable.
- Analyze and utilize sports segment related publications, reports and current market trends to create new marketing strategies and make recommendations to the Executive Director of Sales (EDOS).
- Maintain a positive work environment by communicating with clients, prospects, colleagues, co-workers and supervisors in a professional, Team-oriented manner.
- Position responsible for providing EDOS with a weekly activities reports.
- Develop and execute telemarketing, email, social media solicitations and promotions.
- Participate in resort special events, unrelated to the Sales department as assigned.
- Work cooperatively with other sales team members, as well as other departments, in an on-going effort to develop resort-wide efficiencies.
- Process all inquiries related to the sports market segment within a 24-hour time-frame.
- When applicable, conduct pre-convention meetings to coordinate related logistical support and to ensure the success of each clients' event, convention or program.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
- Trade show and presentation experience
- Effective plan building skills
- Strong sales and closing abilities
- Excellent public relations and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Effective team building skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ethical business practices
- Ability to travel approximately 20% of total time
- Professional appearance and attire
- Must adhere to all grooming standards, no "visible" tattoos/piercings or unnatural hair colors
College Degree in hospitality or related field preferred.
Two or more years’ experience in hotel sales, with the sports market being a plus!
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa fosters a team working environment and an environment that is focused on Team Member recognition and appreciation. Some of the ways in which we accomplish this is by offering the following:
- Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, supplemental coverage)
- 401K retirement savings plan + discretionary match
- Education Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Scholarship Opportunity
- Paid Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- Recreation /Fitness Discounts
- Weekly Resort Prizes
- Career Development and Training Workshops
- FREE daily meal
- Internal Advancement