Security Officer I
- Employment Type
Come join Team Atlantis! We are currently accepting applications for Security Officer. The Tier One Security Officer is responsible for maintaining public order, enforcing safety rules, and protecting Guests, Team Members, property, and assets
• Maintains public order, enforces safety rules, and protects; Guests Team Members, Property and Assets.
• Keeps alert for undesirables, persons under 21 and reports unusual occurrences to Assistant Security Shift Manager or above.
• Provides escort for certain cash transactions and services as a runner for pit fills and credits.
• Acquires knowledge of procedures regarding all warning devices.
• Provides independent departmental participation in procedures and transactions affecting the casino related departments.
• Acts as an ambassador for Atlantis and provides public relations and information service for the property.
• Performs other duties as requested or assigned
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
• State of Nevada Gaming Permit Required
• State of Nevada Alcohol Awareness Card Required
• CPR, AED, & First Aid certification preferred
• Must possess excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
• Must possess ability to interface directly and effectively with staff, management, upper management, Guests and local authorities.
• Ability to work under extreme pressure.
• Must possess sound and mature judgment.
• Make sound, decisive and timely decisions.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Nevada Driver’s License preferred.
• Must adhere to all grooming standards, no “visible” tattoos/piercings or unnatural hair color
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa fosters a team working environment and an environment that is focused on Team Member recognition and appreciation. Some of the ways in which we accomplish this is by offering the following:
• Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, supplemental coverage)
• 401K retirement savings plan + discretionary match
• Education Tuition Reimbursement Program
• Scholarship Opportunity
• Paid Vacation
• Holiday Pay
• Recreation /Fitness Discounts
• Weekly Resort Prizes
• Career Development and Training Workshops
• FREE daily meal
• Internal Advancement