Slot Assistant Shift Manager
- Employment Type
- Casino, Leadership
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa has a new opening in the Slots Department and looking to hire an Assistant Slot (Operations) Shift Manager!
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa is a wholly owned subsidiary of Monarch Casino & Resort, Inc. (NASDAQ: MCRI), a publicly traded corporation recognized by Forbes on their "Most Trustworthy Companies" list and rated as America’s Best and Mid-Size Employers.
- Reporting to Slot Shift Manager. Maintain a designated area of the casino floor and supervise all slot operations in that area.
- Monitor and initiate all Slot Department Guest Service initiatives including jackpot response time, introductions, and new Guest sign-ups (with emails and phone numbers).
- Resolve Guest disputes, machine malfunctions, and Team Member issues. See each issue through to its conclusion keeping clear communication with Shift Manager.
- Participate in every aspect of the Slot Operation including initiating/witnessing jackpots, signing up new Guests, and promoting slot events.
- Slot Asst. Shift Manager must report all operational issue(s) to the Slot Shift Manager and or Slot Director. Promote and maintain the highest integrity and premier Guest service. She/he will make sure the Slot Department is operating efficiently and successfully in all areas.
- She/he will make sure proper implementation of established policies and procedures pertaining to the Slot Floor.
- Make sure cleanliness on the floor in their assigned area and go beyond to ensure the overall cleanliness of the whole floor.
- Make sure all MTL and CTS information gets entered / logged by the end of the shift if applicable.
- Work with Shift Manager to complete daily/weekly schedule, vacation schedule, team members’ review and counseling.
- Capable of pushing/pulling up to 50 pounds; be able to stand or walk around for prolonged periods through out shift.
- Knowledgeable about different types and manufactures of slot machines
- Ability to utilize the slot computer system as well as Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. OneNote is a plus.
- Thorough understanding of Title 31 / must adhere to and will apply federal cash reporting requirements.
- Strong communication skill is a plus to maintain a good rapport between all other departments as well with coworkers within the department.
- Gaming Regulation Knowledge; be able to when contact NGCB is appropriate
- Should be carrying basic tools to perform work on machines if needed. At minimum carrying a screwdriver and a flash light
- Guest Service: Ensure outstanding Guest service by responding promptly to Guest needs and requests for service. Demand the same from every Team Member on the shift. Deliver on commitments
- Team Work: Build team spirit through positive reinforcement and recognizing excellence in the workplace. Focus on resolving conflict and not blaming. Maintain confidentiality. Share expertise with others.
- Leadership: Inspire and motivate others to perform well. Continuously work to improve processes and service.
- Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner. React well under pressure. Treat others with respect and dignity regardless of their status or position. Accept responsibility for own actions.
- Be able to explain operating house rules to Guests and Team Members.
- A passion for excellent service and the organization’s vision and show commitment to learning our Guest needs and wants. Show willingness to discover opportunities to exceed Guests expectations.
- Develop and mentor slot department’s team members, providing support and motivation to all slot positions.
- Make sure cleanliness on the floor in their assigned area and go beyond to ensure the overall cleanliness of the entire floor.