Software Development Manager
- Employment Type
- General Administration, I.T/AV&DEV, Leadership
Come join Team Atlantis! We are currently accepting applications for Software Development Manager. This role includes leadership responsibilities, managing our high performing software development team (50%), while conducting development work yourself (50%). You will act as the technical lead for software development code work, providing guidance and review of all code produced to assure quality work is implemented and in accordance with architecture.
Full Time Day Shift
• Deliver complex solutions and oversee production implementation of these solutions.
• Bridges the communications gaps between stakeholders and the development team.
• Guides developers and writes code in support of the software development efforts.
• Guide UX designers as part of the development process.
• Coaching the team members in organization, self-management and product cross-functionality.
• Preserves an environment where the team can be effective.
• Ensuring good relationship between teams and product owner as well as others outside the team.
• Understanding of software development life cycle and the available tooling that would support such a process.
• Develops and implements project plan, or sub-element of a project, including cost, schedule, risk and performance for new software product introduction or continuation.
• Helps the team focus on creating high-value increments that meet the “Definition of Done”.
• Ability to break down existing business processes and identify areas of improvement.
• Strong understanding of program and project management experience, in particular experience of multi-year change program impacting a broad set of stakeholders across an organization.
• An excellent communicator with influencing skills at all levels.
• Experienced in working with resources remotely; 3rd party vendors, contract employees, etc.
• Ability to flowchart business processes; from both a technical and business perspective.
• Produce and maintain overall documentation for applications and interfaces.
• Manage, mentor and lead a team of developers with a wide range of experience.
• Organize work backlogs into sprints and iterations with managed timelines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
- Must be at least 21.
- Experience with versioning control systems (i.e. Git, TFS, etc.) Git experience is a plus!
- Agile project tracking tools (i.e. Azure DevOps, Visual Studio, Microsoft Teams, Jira, Salesforce.com, etc.).
- Project Management & Program Reporting principles and KPIs.
- SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle).
- Broad experience in Web technologies: HTTP, TCP/IP, SSL, SSH, etc.
- 5+ years in IT management.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent is a plus!
- Previous experience working in hospitality and gaming.
- Must adhere to all grooming standards, no "visible" tattoos/piercings or unnatural hair colors.
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa fosters a team working environment and an environment that is focused on Team Member recognition and appreciation. Some of the ways in which we accomplish this is by offering the following:
- Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, supplemental coverage)
- 401K retirement savings plan + discretionary match
- Education Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Scholarship Opportunity
- Paid Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- Recreation /Fitness Discounts
- Weekly Resort Prizes
- Career Development and Training Workshops
- FREE daily meal
- Internal Advancement