Spa Assistant Director
- Employment Type
The Assistant Director, as guided by the Spa Director will preferably be experienced in a Luxury Resort or Spa environment. As an Assistant Director you will be filling in for the Spa Director when needed and overseeing all daily aspects of our guest service areas; concierge, amenities, training, daily management. Must have luxurious Spa and Forbes standards, personalization is the key to our guest experience.
- Supervise all staff to ensure all day-to-day standards and procedures are adhered to and delivered at the highest level.
- Review spa occupancy forecasts and all weekly spa schedules anticipating appropriate staff levels
- Leadership, marketing and financial meeting conferences
- Facilitate training and evaluations of all spa staff, assist in training new staff for all positions.
- Ensure all administration duties including but not limited to payroll, scheduling, and expense/supply are maintained and effective.
- Assist in greeting guests/members at entrance and properly register all hotel guests and guests of members.
- Assist in making spa reservations, check in spa guests, and offer recommendations or descriptions of spa services as necessary, offer orientation of the facility.
- Handle all member/guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism, accommodating special requests whenever possible
- Resolve customer complaints; assist customers in all inquiries in connection with hotel services
- Must have 2-3 years of management experience in a luxury spa setting (preferably in a luxury hotel/resort/Forbes standards)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with the ability to learn other proprietary computer applications.
- The ability to lead and mentor a team, comfort in training staff as well as coaching and counseling when necessary
- Ability to read and write proficiently to evaluate reports, correspondence and statistical information
- Proficiency of computer software to include Outlook, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as office equipment, i.e. telephone, copier, fax machine
- Excellent organizational skills to function effectively under time constraints and within established deadlines, with particular attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all business contacts
- Effective listening abilities with strong judgment skills
- The ability to stand/walk up to 8 hours per shift when necessary.
- A professional well-groomed appearance adhering to company standards