Special Events Manager
- Employment Type
The Special Events Manager (SEM) is a positive and creative individual who enjoys the continual challenge of creating unique, ‘magical and memorable’ guest experiences. This person is responsible for planning, preparation and execution of all Casino Marketing related events and promotions. The SEM works closely with Marketing, VIP Services, Monarch Rewards Club, Catering/Banquets, Reservations, Food & Beverage and other departments to ensure a flawless guest experience. The SEM must be knowledgeable and ‘on point’ with everything related to events, promotions and mailers, including clear and timely communications to core departments for execution. As a salaried management position, this position requires schedule flexibility to work whatever shifts needed to complete their assigned job duties, including weekends. The SEM, as with all members of the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa Team, provides excellent guest service to all Team Members, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a professional manner which demonstrates integrity, initiative, personal awareness and exercises confidentiality in the appropriate areas of his/her performance. The SEM shares in the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa support of the company’s Vision, Mission, Values, and consistently performs all functions in a fashion that inspires and motivates others to actively pursue them. As part of the leadership team, role models the expected behaviors of professionalism, service, positive attitude, cooperation and accountability. The SEM is honest and engenders trust in others to develops credible relationships at all levels.
- Manages the performance and day to day activities of the Special Event Planners and Special Event Booking Agents.
- Prepares clear communications, including task timelines for each event. Each event includes - collateral design, proofing, drop dates, and communication to all related departments as to the scope of the event. Orchestrates the approval, negotiation and purchasing of casino gifts, arranges Event BEO’s, secures permits and organizes seating, and room layouts.
- The SEM is responsible for interviewing, hiring, scheduling, training, coaching/discipline, annual reviews and overall development of the Special Events Team.
- Coordinates with Accounting and Cashier Cage with regard to deposits of entry fees for paid Slot Tournaments and guest folio related items. The SEM is competent in following audit and cash handling procedures.
- Ensures the seamless daily operations of the Special Events Team.
- Reviews and updates event hotel room blocks and reservations whenever applicable.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of Casino wide promotions, Monarch Rewards mailers and drawings.
- Oversees the management and reconciliation process of credit cards for Event fees and sales.
- Answers phone, texts and email inquiries as to event schedules or problem reservations.
- As an Atlantis leader, professional dress is required. Attire must also be appropriate to move from the back of the house to a front-line position at any time during their shift.
- Responsible to ensure that all department and event reports are maintained and kept up to date.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; talk, and hear. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Nevada Gaming Registration Required
- Valid Nevada Driver’s license
- Bachelor’s in a related field is preferred
TECHNICAL/PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE (Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience)
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in Casino Events
- Casino or hospitality background is preferred
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent public relations and guest service skills
- Manages effectively in a fast-paced environment
- General office, scheduling and administrative skills
- Computer literate and competent in MS Office programs (Excel proficient)
- Casino or hospitality background is preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 40lbs.
- Must be able to meet flexible schedule demands
***MUST adhere to all grooming standards, no "visible" tattoos/piercings or unnatural hair colors***
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa fosters a team working environment and an environment that is focused on Team Member recognition and appreciation. Some of the ways in which we accomplish this is by offering the following:
- Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, supplemental coverage)
- 401K retirement savings plan + discretionary match
- Education Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Scholarship Opportunity
- Paid Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- Recreation /Fitness Discounts
- Weekly Resort Prizes
- Career Development and Training Workshops
- FREE daily meal
- Internal Advancement