Special Events - Planner
- Employment Type
The Special Events Planner supports the Special Events Manager in executing the property’s Casino Marketing event and promotion schedules. The job includes but is not limited to: assisting with event reservation calls, maintaining the integrity of the event database, drafting welcome and confirmation letters, registering event guests, and organizing gifts and name badges.
All levels of event coordinators work closely with VIP Services, Reservations as well as many other casino and hotel departments to optimize efficiency, accuracy as well as regulatory compliance for gaming. The Special Events Planner must be familiar with all Casino Marketing events, promotions and mailers. Availability to work any shift necessary to accomplish the above assignments is required.
- Assists in planning and executing the Casino Marketing event process.
- Greets and provides guests registration packets, prepares gift packages, and works with the Special Events Manager and internal team to ensure BEO’s are effectively implemented.
- Prepares welcome packets with the appropriate contents i.e. welcome letter, name badges, and if needed tournament rules, food coupons, drawing tickets, Banquet drink and concert tickets.
- Communicates effectively interdepartmentally and provides support data for departmental reports, records and filing system.
- Executes the event reservation process. Fields the majority of event calls from Atlantis guests.
Assists in all aspects of Tournaments including but not limited to:
Overseeing the Coordinator(s) in placement of Tournament rounds and sessions.
Creating round and score sheets
Uploading scores into tournament programImplementation and oversight of prize structures and payout for tournaments and adherence to auditing procedures.
Coordinates with accounting and main cashier’s cage regarding deposits of entry fees for any pay to attend tournaments and guest folio follow-up on all.
Composes Welcome letters, confirmation letters and Tournament rules.
Working and up to date knowledge of Casino wide promotions, mailers, drawings and the rules.
Capable of learning hotel management system and ability to review and adjust event hotel room blocks and reservations.
Processing of credit cards for event fees, tickets and concert sales.
Answer e-mail and phone inquiries as to event schedules or problem reservations.
Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Physically assisting on site of tournament or event.
- Ability and willingness to provide upbeat positive and friendly attitude toward guests and co-workers striving for the highest level of customer service in our industry.
- Appropriate business attire when assigned in functions with guest exposure. Appropriate light business attire when operating in the back of the house function. Must be available to work in either function at any given time.
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa fosters a team working environment, family/work life balance and an environment that is focused on Team Member recognition and appreciation.
Some of the ways in which we accomplish this is by offering the following:
- Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, supplemental coverage)
- 401K retirement savings plan + discretionary match
- Team Member Referral Bonus
- Education Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Scholarship Opportunity
- Paid Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- Relocation Assistance
- Recreation /Fitness Discounts
- Weekly Resort Prizes
- Career Development and Training Workshops
- FREE daily meal
- Internal Advancement