Visual Design Manager
- Employment Type
The Visual Project Design Manager is responsible for the Atlantis property floor design concepts and execution as well as overseeing the day-to-day displays and maintenance. Will oversee and provide excellent customer service to all Team Members and conduct themselves in a manner which demonstrates initiative, professionalism, personal awareness, integrity, and exercise confidentiality in the appropriate areas of your performance. Must share the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa support of the company’s Vision, Mission, Values, and consistently perform all functions in a fashion that inspires and motivates others to actively pursue them. As part of the leadership team you will role model the expected behaviors of service, positive attitude, cooperation and accountability. Engender trust in others and develop credible relationships at all levels.
- Responsible for designing the visual aspect of the entire property, to include silk and fresh flowers, special events and displays.
- Stays up to date on current trends and incorporates into property designs as appropriate.
- Manages the daily operations for the Visual Design Department.
- Responsible for maintaining all live and silk plants around the property.
- Visual Presentation and Maintenance of various displays/arrangements.
- Creative & visual design execution to ensure Four Diamond standards of excellence both in interior and exterior displays.
- Interface with various vendors to ensure visual art/floral arrangement supplies are on hand and utilize existing current creative art/décor and other arrangements on hand.
- Interviewing, hiring and disciplinary action.
- Weekly staff schedule.
- Oversee cleanliness.
- Motivating, guiding and training the team.
- Responsible for overseeing department finances, including monthly reports and yearly budget.
- Works with other departments to accomplish project goals.
- Oversees fresh floral design.
- Oversees and directs silk floral design.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Work closely with Catering and Banquets on planning and executing large event décor to include Holiday events
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; talk, and hear. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in visual design
- Skill in visual design/merchandising
- Must possess plant knowledge both indoor and out
- Knowledge of chemicals as it relates to specific designs and arrangements
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Basic computer skills
- Willing and able to work additional hours when needed
- Must be able to work varied shifts as needed
- Some travel may be required
***MUST adhere to all grooming standards, no "visible" tattoos/piercings or unnatural hair colors***
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa fosters a team working environment and an environment that is focused on Team Member recognition and appreciation. Some of the ways in which we accomplish this is by offering the following:
- Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, supplemental coverage)
- 401K retirement savings plan + discretionary match
- Education Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Scholarship Opportunity
- Paid Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- Recreation /Fitness Discounts
- Weekly Resort Prizes
- Career Development and Training Workshops
- FREE daily meal
- Internal Advancement